Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
Hi all,

I added two browser addons and they are both listed, but I cannot configure them.
Clicking on the 'here' link or the 'chrome:....' link does not have any effect.

Here the screenshots.

Can somebody help me ? I cannot find any documentation on this on FAQs or by googling.

Help wil be appreciated greatly.

Try to entry the url (manually) in the URL bar.
chrome://adblockplus/content/config.html for instance

Or you can navigate to http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions with your maemo browser and click on the filter subscriptions you want to add to your browser.

Actually the problem is related to the installation process. There might be some symbolic links broken in /home/user/.mozilla/microb/extensions/. Removing these links will solve the problem.

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
Originally Posted by pedralho View Post
Actually the problem is related to the installation process. There might be some symbolic links broken in /home/user/.mozilla/microb/extensions/. Removing these links will solve the problem.
Thanks for this tip now it works, BUT:
when I installed User agent switcher, the Adblockplus is gone. So I removed all again and reinstalled adblockplus and adblockplus worked again.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
The Adblock plus addon shows a small red icon in the lower right of browser window. Tap it and a menu will appear. You may have to restart your N810 a few times before the icon appears. I also installed spell check and neither of these addons shows up in components. Translating from N810 speak to Firefox desktop, I believe components are plugins. Adblock is an extension. On the N810 there are some Adblock configuration parameters in "about:config".
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Last edited by fragos; 2008-09-24 at 18:15. Reason: typo

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
The spell-checker crashes the browser when it's used for you too, right?

Or you've found a way to fix it?

thx.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Yeah, the spellchecker ****s things up, especially if you also use ABP.

Originally Posted by fragos View Post
The Adblock plus addon shows a small red icon in the lower right of browser window. Tap it and a menu will appear. You may have to restart your N810 a few times before the icon appears. I also installed spell check and neither of these addons shows up in components. Translating from N810 speak to Firefox desktop, I believe components are plugins. Adblock is an extension. On the N810 there are some Adblock configuration parameters in "about:config".
True, however, it doesn't work on the default home page. You have to actually go to some page. If you'd fill something in the search bar, the red ABP icon will appear.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I installed "microb-spellcheck" and the "english-us-dictionary". Other than about:config having "extensions.spellcheck.inline.max-misspellings.int 500". I can find no indication that spell check is in play. What am I missing?
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1