Notices

To be honest with you guys, I don't understand Maemo Mapper. I've read all available guides and I just don't get it.

All I want is an offline Map software that can show me my town streets with names, so I can enter start and end address and get there with or without a GPS.

Now I'm realizing that all I want is an offline version of Google Maps and I'll be truly happy. But I guess Maemo Mapper can't help me with my needs... :-(

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Sure it can. Cache the map data of the area you need, set the GPS location (if you don't have one) with a long-press on your current location, the use the route menu to download a route to your destination.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
I was just wondering if anyone else was (still) having problems with MM 2.0x and the RTComm beta? Since installing RTComm (and getting my N800 working with my home Asterisk Server, woohoo!), it seems that MM "freezes" within seconds of getting a fix from the GPS. These freezes may be associated with the N800 tethering to my cell phone to download maps. I'm not sure yet.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Knightdale, NC
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
I was just wondering if anyone else was (still) having problems with MM 2.0x and the RTComm beta? Since installing RTComm (and getting my N800 working with my home Asterisk Server, woohoo!), it seems that MM "freezes" within seconds of getting a fix from the GPS. These freezes may be associated with the N800 tethering to my cell phone to download maps. I'm not sure yet.
I don't think this is a problem with RTCOmm - I'm getting this same problem on 2007He with no RTCOmm. I haven't installed anything new since mapper 2.X and it used to work.

Ok, I think I have an idea here. Could somebody please email me the poi.db file? I think if I recreate the directory structure and put the file in all should be well.

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
As long as the directory structure is there ( same as in settings ) then mapper should recreate an empty db for you.

Gnuite, got another bug report for ya.

POI Bug #2:
I have multiple POIs on the maps. I click on one of the POIs to View/Edit and change the category. I click on a 2nd POI to do the same thing and click Save. Each time I repeat the steps above, MM crashes on the 2nd attempt to change a POI's category.

Edit: I had custom category images installed hence why I was updating my POIs. That might have or been part of the problem.

Last edited by coldstream; 2007-11-09 at 19:21.

Originally Posted by rcull View Post
As long as the directory structure is there ( same as in settings ) then mapper should recreate an empty db for you.
Now that my obvious bout of cranial flatulence has passed, thank you for the suggestion. It worked.

Originally Posted by rla1999 View Post
I would like to know if there is a link we can use that shows you how to use all the features of this software? I have used it some but feel there is more to it than what I know. I am still learning how to use the POI's and other features.

Please advise.
Does the Help button work (in Maemo Mapper's main menu)? (This is an honest question, as at least one person has reported that the help button does not work in non-English locales.)

Originally Posted by thunder7 View Post
Ok, heres an interesting problem, completely caused by me not paying attention. I accidentally deleted the POI database and now I cannot recreate it. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling but I get the same error upon startup that it cannot find the database.

Any suggestions? Please?
Maemo Mapper will generate the POI database whenever it starts and finds that the POI file does not exist. Try changing the location of the POI database?