Notices

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Great, thanks for the reply.

Which settings dialogue will it take you to?

The reason I ask is that I personally think the menu looks nice with the top area kept black.

I've attacked a mockup of what I mean.
Attached Images

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Great, thanks for the reply.

Which settings dialogue will it take you to?

The reason I ask is that I personally think the menu looks nice with the top area kept black.

I've attacked a mockup of what I mean.
Unfortunatelly, all the people coming here after buying n900 have never seen most of OS2008 apps. Advanced Power is not just a widget showing battery stuff, it also supports info about system, what info will be shown (CPU, memory, diskspace, etc), low and very low battery charge levels are configurable and so on.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Ok, sounds quite good, though most of those things are accessible via conky.
Any way I can strip that functionality? I literally want an accurate battery status item, lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Ok, sounds quite good, though most of those things are accessible via conky.
Any way I can strip that functionality? I literally want an accurate battery status item, lol.
I second this actually, I used advanced power on my N800 and it was great, but right now, I think a "simpler is better" approach would fit the N900 UI more. Any hopes for an lite version with just the info and a black, button-less background?

I would like to have more possibilities with a button but in the mean time you could remove it.

Yeah, would be great if it displays something when we click on it. Otherwise, I would want the transparent background like the volume one too.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
He shows abnormal values

Time left: 4:0 / 163:00

163:00?
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
There should be 4:00...
First value is time left active, second - time left idle. Perhaps, I should change "/" to "," to avoid confusion.
Ah, that explains it. I was wondering how come I'd only have 5 hours of 194 remaining, even though I just finished charging my N900. So I have 5 hours of active use left and 194 hours of idle use left, now I get it.

Thanks for the applet, though I think it'd need to be a bit more clear about those values, since I thought (and some others also on IRC-channel) that those were values of how much time was left from the maximum time.

Otherwise great job, I'll definitely keep using this.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
umm how did you get your status drop down bar to look like that? with the email and stuff in it? thanks

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
is there any remote possibility that this sweet app can be written to look like widget that we can have running in a desktop as opposed to in the menu the way it appears now? the time left feature is so perfect thank you !!!!!

Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
umm how did you get your status drop down bar to look like that? with the email and stuff in it? thanks
The app is called Quick Launch.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46321

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar