Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
If you could have Nokia change something about the tablets, what would you change?

It could be software, hardware, functionality, anything.

What "one thing" would you change...

Please spare us a long list of things you would change, I am just looking for the one most important change you would like to see made.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
If we had hardware 3D (enabled?) maybe we could really improve the smoothness of the whole user experience, make the whole interface a little more like Canola, and make Canola's eye candy a little smoother.

That would be my wish.

Mark

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to megamark16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Include an "IM Penguibait" option, so that we can instantaneously feed PB with coding suggestions

or a slightly bigger screen would do the trick for me too (bigger as in taking up the entire tablet instead of the surrounding plastic bezel)

EDIT: Hardware accelerated OpenGL is very high on my list, but we already know that it's coming for next-gen devices. For current and past gen devices, PowerVR MBX drivers takes my number one spot. Drivers in any shape or form would make me a happy man

Last edited by jzencovich; 2008-11-05 at 17:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to jzencovich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
the "one thing" would be clamshell-design (so keyboard can be slightly bigger and protects screen when closed).

a second wish might be a screen that's a little bit larger. and a full-blown desktop distribution and screen rotation out of the box and ... OK, I'll have to wait for quite a while. 2009 might not be my year.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Better graphics (3D) with VGA/DVI/HDMI/Something out support.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
native word, powerpoint, excel, or something like that. it would surely replace my laptop.

The Following User Says Thank You to lazuli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
A better GPS receiver, the N810 could have replaced my Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
An N810 with built-in 3G or HSDPA would be just about perfect.

If I was granted further wishes I'd ask for a clamshell form factor and a slightly larger screen.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
GNU toolset+dash+bash. instead of Busybox. Much easier porting for many libraries, apps, etc. Come on, it's only 3.5mb extra use in flash (busybox is 300kb) for a lot less headache for developers. And is performance so much to speak of when we're dealing with a 166mhz-400mhz machine?

</rant>
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Better usability, polish, fingerfriendlyness, and themability of applications and OS. Better integration between apps, and apps-os. I.E. user-experience.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-11-05 at 18:10.

Tags
sturm und drang