http://www.zdez.org/fcamini.tgz has a auto-on-off using a pthread for the write and ping-pong semaphores to automatically shut off the video when the write blocks.

This is just the source, compile script, and binary for the flashcammini program, the rest is in the earlier archive, and to work it needs the patch applied to vloopback.

Last edited by tz1; 2008-05-13 at 11:56. Reason: clarification as add-on to earlier fcam archive

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
Source tree, http://www.zdez.org/flashcam-1.1a-nok.tgz
and a .deb! http://www.zdez.org/flashcam-0.10.deb

(note I don't include the simple flash test files from the Test directory in the source in the deb, but any site that uses flash and webcams including the tutorial in the earlier post should work).

(There was an update to the deb a few minutes after this post - if /dev/v4lv1 isn't there after running/reboot you need the newer copy).

I'd appreciate any feedback - if this works or not.

Note that uninstalling does not revert the patched device path for libflashplayer.so, but it won't work without the flashcam stuff anyway and shouldn't affect anything else.

Last edited by tz1; 2008-05-13 at 16:18.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
Cool! Do we run the vloopback from the command line? I'll have to give this a try when I get my replacement N800 tomorrow!

It should be completely transparent and automatic.

Install the .deb file, and if you have a flash page with webcam support, it should "just work". (the test app does need the camera to be selected as it defaults to none, but most pages default to the first video device).

I can support that. Just played some weird flash game by waving my hands in front of the n800... Always wanted to do that

Link, please?

Pretty incredible. There's a bit of a lag for me, but it's working fine -- i tested out a connection on mebeam. This is a pretty big step, I think for the N800 and N810 as it can make uploading live videos to facebook and youtube much easier. Under the right circumstances, you could probably broadcast live on ustream.

However, can I use the mic in flash? I don't see a mic option but I was under the impression that the mic always worked. Thanks again, and great job! (PS: I am more than happy to donate towards this project -- I was willing to help organize a bounty but you solved this too quickly! )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeez For This Useful Post:
I've seen the mic come up in an extended version of the "allow access" dialog (I think on the red5), but I haven't verified sound (I haven't found a site that would allow me - too busy getting it working).

Odd. I'll try again. When I try to select a mic there are none listed.