@emotion: can you try new fixed version of usbmode? Now it sleeping 3 seconds after enumerate. Estel reported that this fixed his problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Lima, Peru
Should I overwrite new deb.package?

Yes, download DEB package (again) to n900 and then install it.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I downloaded new DEB package and installed it but I don't have any difference between prior deb and new deb package, the problem continue refer to time between vbus and enumerate, but is successful mount my HDD

emotion, could you do some testing, as your HD seems to be extremely picky, thus good test case for "stubborn" devices?

Please, try modifying sleep value:
Code:
charger_mode boost
sleep 4
... to 10, and check if it fixes your problem. If yes, please try 9, and check if it still works ok. If yes, repeat for 8, 7, 6... Until you run into too low sleep value. Then, please, report lowest sleep number, that works ok for repeated hostmode enabling.

Thanks in advance.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I received an USB Y-cable yesterday and I just had the time to test it at work this morning (don't tell it to my boss ).

I made many tries and I finally managed to make it work only with the following process :
1) Plug the USB cable from the phone to the device. Let the (red) power cable unplugged.
2) Switch to USB-mode with boost and wait for enumeration (verify your device works properly).
3) Once the device is detected, plug the power cable to a source of power (wall USB adapter, your computer USB port or even one of the free ports of the USB-Hub your n900 is hosting).
4) Switch to USB-mode with charging and tadaaaa the orange led lights (verify your device still works).

The orange led doesn't slowly blink and the battery icon isn't animated as usual. Is it still charging properly ?

Is it normal any other plugging order fails ?
- If yes, the UI would maybe deserve to be a bit more user-friendly. It's complicated even for the computer scientist I am... And if I don't use hostmode for a while, I'm sure to have forgotten how to do the next time I want to use it.
- If no, what should I test and how can I help to debugging ?

Edit : Corrected the plugging sequence (3 <-> 4).
Edit 2 : Weird I'm sure I had already corrected this post. Was there a rollback this afternoon ?

Last edited by Bearserker; 2013-02-05 at 16:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bearserker For This Useful Post:
hi how i can install ? mount ? my wireless antenna attached to n900 by cable and wifi adapter so i want it in promisc mode as wlan1

how i can detect (mount?) external antenna + adapter ?
led on adapter is flashing while mounting in H-E-N, but i cant see it as wlan1 only my stock wlan0 in n9

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
emotion, could you do some testing, as your HD seems to be extremely picky, thus good test case for "stubborn" devices?

Please, try modifying sleep value:
Code:
charger_mode boost
sleep 4
... to 10, and check if it fixes your problem. If yes, please try 9, and check if it still works ok. If yes, repeat for 8, 7, 6... Until you run into too low sleep value. Then, please, report lowest sleep number, that works ok for repeated hostmode enabling.

Thanks in advance.

/Estel

Hello Estel. Use the winSCP and openshh and change the value 10, then reseting N900 and mount the HDD, it seemed better, so I proceeded to change the value to 9, reset the N900 and started again with the HDD, but since there could no longer connect, reset several times and nothing. Then I had to reinstall the deb package and everything was back to being as before. There was no improvement with changing values.

The Following User Says Thank You to emotion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bearserker View Post
The orange led doesn't slowly blink and the battery icon isn't animated as usual. Is it still charging properly ?
This is normal (I believe), if you want a solution for this check my new thread, I adapted the solution from an old script because of your post .

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1321265

Tags
usbmode