i thought landscape mode was sorted now (at least as of MWC v1.0)?

I have had zero issues with wifi on my jolla. In fact, my n9 would suffer quite offen from a problem whereby the phone would be connected to the wifi, but didn't seem to be able to download anything. So the connection on my Jolla is much more stable

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by IlkkaP View Post
It seems that there are several issues with the current Sailfish OS release. To name the most often mentioned issues in order of severity:
- incomplete Android app support (important)
Most stupid thing I ever heard if people buys Jolla because of Android they must be from another planet. There already is to much of that Android garbage on Jolla Store. What we need is more native sailfishapps not more android support! If you need more Android go get an Samsung instead or maybe an Nokia X joke phone.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2014-02-24 at 20:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
as an n900/N9 user who couldn't afford to wait for Jolla to arrive in the UK and thus bought a Nexus 5, I am quickly coming to appreciate exactly how pointless most of the apps are to my usage pattern.

i've spent about £15, bought a variety of apps and games, and thus far:
the wife likes the ribbony puzzle game
I use the owncloud app

that's it.

the sooner i can get sailfish on my (awesome) nexus 5 hardware the better, i'll say goodbye to all the apps without a moments hesitation!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
the sooner i can get sailfish on my (awesome) nexus 5 hardware the better, i'll say goodbye to all the apps without a moments hesitation!
...but unless I missed something, you won't even have to give up your ribbon/fart apps?

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Originally Posted by IlkkaP View Post
It seems that there are several issues with the current Sailfish OS release. To name the most often mentioned issues in order of severity:
- incomplete Android app support (important)
Most stupid thing I ever heard if people buys Jolla because of Android they must be from another planet.
Yes, weird reason - and as it a part of package, it should function properly and without crashes etc.

There already is to much of that Android garbage on Jolla Store.
True, non is needed.

What we need is more native sailfishapps not more android support! If you need more Android go get an Samsung instead or maybe an Nokia X joke phone.
Actually, we need both. I guess there is no "More android", rather what already is, should work normally.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
From what I read on an answer on together.jolla.com (regarding an issue with WiFi/3G switching and blinking LED), one of the Jolla guys stated that next update to fix that issue will be released in Week 10, i.e. next week.

I think, and hope, it's the stable release (which seems to be 1.0.4)

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post: