Active Topics

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
http://www.jollausers.com/2015/05/sa...em-for-mobile/

Can this really be true? Am I alone in thinking this is NOT good news, case of selling out to the devil IMHO.
Maybe you don't think through, but this is racist. if you think Russia is evil, you should not use @coderus apps/patches btw

At russian telecommunication site in announcement it's written "open" OS. i wonder why would Jolla keep talking about their OS being open if it's not! Reminds me of the indiegogo campaign they stated that (before it was fixed after some noise) and as well as Marc said it's open on campaign video.

And you can't say "not yet" as more than 2 years passed. they need to state the truth and not put words "open" and "opensource" every opportunity to self promote!

Last edited by ZogG; 2015-05-21 at 14:09.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Maybe you don't think through, but this is racist. if you think Russia is evil, you should not use @coderus apps/patches btw
Umm no. Just no.

Disagreeing with Russian goverment does not mean that someone is racist, nor that every person with russian ethnicity is wrong and it certainly has **** all to do with @coderus. He's not member of Putin's cabinet.

Russian are a great people. Their art, science and technology has advanced and gifted humanity greatly. But I don't like Putin, I don't like his siloviki authocracy. It's war against Ukraine. It's attempt to turn the clock back to 19th century with empires and their spheres of influence. The constant flow of bombers and submarines on borders of Europe. The faith of MH17.

I could go on...

The point is that I can hate Russian goverment without it affecting my opinion of individual russians at all. And I live in a small town almost next to the border between Russia and Finland. Same the goes to to just about every goverment/people on the planet. I objected the invasion of Iraq, but I don't go spitting on apple pies. I don't like Israeli occupation of Palestine, but I'm not an antisemite. And so on. The total list would be very long.

If Jolla really goes into business with Putin's cleptocracy, and they are negotiating directly with the .ru goverment (not invidual russian busineses), then thats the end for me. I won't buy products from a corporation that does deals with organisation run by a monster like Putin.

Offtopic:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Umm no. Just no.

Disagreeing with Russian goverment does not mean that someone is racist, nor that every person with russian ethnicity is wrong and it certainly has **** all to do with @coderus. He's not member of Putin's cabinet.

Russian are a great people. Their art, science and technology has advanced and gifted humanity greatly. But I don't like Putin, I don't like his siloviki authocracy. It's war against Ukraine. It's attempt to turn the clock back to 19th century with empires and their spheres of influence. The constant flow of bombers and submarines on borders of Europe. The faith of MH17.

I could go on...

The point is that I can hate Russian goverment without it affecting my opinion of individual russians at all. And I live in a small town almost next to the border between Russia and Finland. Same the goes to to just about every goverment/people on the planet. I objected the invasion of Iraq, but I don't go spitting on apple pies. I don't like Israeli occupation of Palestine, but I'm not an antisemite. And so on. The total list would be very long.

If Jolla really goes into business with Putin's cleptocracy, and they are negotiating directly with the .ru goverment (not invidual russian busineses), then thats the end for me. I won't buy products from a corporation that does deals with organisation run by a monster like Putin.
Government is more than one person, mate. Jolla is not making contract with Mr. P, right?
So basically assuming that selling out to "devil" just because it's Russian ministry of communication, where assumption comes from from word "Russian", not Putin(is he mentioned anywhere in article at all?)

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Why has this been moved to OffTopic from the thread where this was 100% topical?
Who the **** moderates these things???

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Why has this been moved to OffTopic from the thread where this was 100% topical?
Who the **** moderates these things???
worse things have happend. mybee the mod likes Putin or it was to political...or this mod got orders directly frim creml...cremel...is it cremln?

my veiw is the users should moderate them selfs without interference by governments .

jolla users vs putin messing with sail would be a title as good as any...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-05-21 at 09:55.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
worse things have happend.
Indeed. Most of them started by people not voicing their discontent while the things were not that bad. By the time they got too bad it was too late.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salami_tactics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
salami?

its obvious that KGB is restored and infeltrated TMO. The question is: what influence do they got within jolla...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-05-21 at 11:03.

though it was offtopic at some point.
But again if someone at forum points out at some one as evil just coz there is word Russian there and I do state it as i see it not right, my topic goes to offtopic but no one warns this guy or asks him to rephrase, choose other wording.
<edit:
I would wonder how many "WOWS" and "LIKES" we'll get if they would make deal with let's say US or Europe and no one would think of NSA or all other under surveillance programs, but sure if it's Russian - it's evil.
:edit>
I'm actually originally is Russian and while I can agree that Mr.P is not nicest guy, but people judging whole country and people in it just because of action of some small % which has more power doesn't make it me feel better when we are compared to evil (let's bring cold-war era movies where all evil guys are russian mobs and communists)

As well in other thread person asked kind of oftopic question with F word and when i provided answer, it was deleted but the question was not.

Maybe i'm not most pro-jolla guy, but i have all rights to say what i think on same topic or at least check the questions i answer to and the reason. But no... you just delete or move messages. What a nice move...
It starts to smell like fish here. Next thing would be what? Paid topics or pre-moderated topics?

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
racist is a strong word to use..
and I don't think it quite applies..
likewise Russia isn't a "communist" state any longer..
nor is it quite "fascist"..
a "bully-state"? ...that depends which side of the (world) fence you sit on...
there is the "capitalist" (democracy is dead ...now consumeristic purchase power rules) or everyone else opposing capitalism.
I'm not attempting to be political or incite..
but the logic of the dynamic is apparent regardless of the side of the fence.
Look at how the American gov't behaved when suddenly there was a communist state on their doorstep (Cuba) about to get nuclear weapons...
and that was a long way away from D.C.
there was "the bay of pigs" ...
there were heightened nuclear tensions..
to the point where the world was hovering over pressing launch buttons...
and then there was the embargo has lasted a verrrryyyy long time
Fast-forward...capitalism makes great headway...
pushing to the point where many previous communist states are now capitalist..
pushing to the point where the "bread-basket" of Russia (Ukraine) wishes to join...
mere miles from the Russian capital, Moscow...
How would the American's treat the exact ... self-same situation..
It is self-preservation ..plain and simple.
Looking at the present and past is the only way to let crap go and look toward a future.
I'm not condoning anything..
I believe everyone should simply get along and be friends.

But about "-ists"
Technically Russia and russians are not a "race"
in this sitch calling the individ. a "party-est"
or "nation-ist" ..(however it may be grammatically incorrect)
is closer to what you may wish to call him..

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...tores-spyware/

Im sure russins trying to do the same.