Notices

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Mount Prospect, USA
First things first - I am not a Linux wiz. I can do basic stuff in shell from the early days of the internet and Pine, Lynx , FTP and all that - but haven't compiled programs from source, customized kernels or anything of that nature. GUIs showed up and I was happy to let those do my work for me...

That said, I recently got a N770, upgraded to the most recent firmware and saw that Gnumeric was available for it. However I can't get it to install as it lists dependencies (libglade if I recall) that I can't find in a easily installable package anywhere.

I can download it from the link on the gnumeric site, but I can't get it to install to allow me to install the app itself.

I found a link googling 'gnumeric nokia 770', but the software there was only set for the IT2005 OS.

Anyone know where I can find gnumeric and all the libraries it needs as a single package - or can you lead me through the steps it would take to do it otherwise ?

The 770 looks quite nice, but I really want the spreadsheet - it would allow me to use it at work in a capacity that might allow me to invest in an N800 - and get my boss to pay for it...

Any help would be handy - even if it leads to a different Excel or Open Office compatible spreadsheet.

Thanks !

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
You should be able to choose the Software link at the top of this site and then choose Business applications and install Gnumeric with no problems on the N800.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Maybe I am mistaken, but I think that ArKay is talking about Gnumeric on Nokia 770 with OS 2006.

Try the following.

Gnumeric Spreadsheet
Home Page: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric

Screenshots: http://etrunko.blogspot.com/2006/08/...-packages.html

Port Contact: Eduardo Lima (Etrunko)

Repository: http://www.maemo.org.br/platform/apt

Distribution: mistral

Component: user

Indeed - I have an old, slow and outdated N770 running IT2006.

...and sadly trying to install from the meamo.org site leads to 'unable to install. Some packages that are required for the installation are missing. Tapping details says - Unable to install gnumeric packages missing libglade2-0 >=1:2.3.6

Following links along to download gnumeric_1.6.2-1indt1_arm from entrunko's site leads to the error - Package is incompatible with current software.

I was hoping someone could lead me to a place I could get the libgalde library so I could install the meamo one.

If it matters device says 'Internet Tablet 2006 edition'
version is 3.20006.49-2

Is there a firmware update I'm missing that might have the library in it ? Nokia's site says that that is the most updated...

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Install it in red pill mode see if that works for you.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Most of the errors and issues seen when installing ' gnumeric ' is well explained in etrunko's (blogspot) website. Please check that.

Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Most of the errors and issues seen when installing ' gnumeric ' is well explained in etrunko's (blogspot) website. Please check that.
Ah Ha!

That did it. There was a repository which must have had the libraries I was missing.

It installed, seems to work.

Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by ArKay View Post
Ah Ha!

That did it. There was a repository which must have had the libraries I was missing.

It installed, seems to work.

Thanks for the help.
Kewl, hopefully, get ready for the next IT experience. The Nokia N800 ! !

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Toronto
I tried to install gnumeric but the repository has disappeared, I think.

repo_deb = deb http://www.maemo.org.br/platform/apt/ mistral user

Is gnumeric for mistral available elsewhere?

Resurrecting this thread... it appears that www.maemo.org.br is no longer active but the install script still references it.

Does anyone have an alternate repository or a full .deb for Gnumeric, OS2006/OS2007 version?

Thanks.