Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Search in this thread, post #360, the way I mapped esc to shift-backspace. Alternatively, the latest Qole's debian image should be able to issue F5 - do shift-fn-5.

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-03-05 at 16:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
olympus, just open X Terminal in Easy Debian and then type sudo ooffice -writer. This will open "the same" Writer which is under shortcut in phone's menu. So, "this" Writer will also have opened Styles and Formatting window at launch. Just close S&F window with stylus (x box) and your issue would be solved.

Last edited by kolos; 2010-03-05 at 16:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
thank you both for your answers, i managed to fix it with ur help.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Apropos zim: I like to run it through debbie so that I don't have to launch LXDE for it, but I found some glitches which I can only avoid by running it as "sudo debian su -c zim - user". With debbie, user does not get initialized properly - qole: do you have an idea why?
Can you give me more details about what you mean with "user does not get initialized properly"? I thought it was getting initialized properly...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Just as an interesting note (and in the event anyone else has noticed this)... I just called myself when running Synaptic w/in LXDE environment. When the phone call was over (rejected) the screen never redrew itself. I had to slide my pen around to "erase the blackness" as it were, until I could select another virtual desktop, and then go back to the original pane where I had Synaptic open. It didn't help to cntl-backspace out to the native OS and back again. -Thor
P.S. Otherwise the Dev version is working wonderfully.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
kolos, olympus:

You can also open OpenOffice from the LXDE menu. You don't need to open the terminal and run it from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
ye, noticed that but i think it takes more time to open a file, etc.

Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
... problem with themes, problem with Abiword resolved as per earlier postings....

(remainder snipped)

--denis
Denis, would you be willing to detail the steps you took to make themes changeable?

I have followed the earlier postings, but I'm obviously missing or misunderstanding something, as I haven't made it work.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
kolos, olympus:

You can also open OpenOffice from the LXDE menu. You don't need to open the terminal and run it from there.
Using external Writer (outside LXDE) is for many of us more convenient, because it opens much faster.
I know that OpenOffice is also inside LXDE menu, but this one doesn't help to fix issue with Styles & Formatting window in external Writer, because it uses different user profile. Because of that I pointed olympus to the Writer launched from terminal as sudo, which is the same as external and where he can easily close that annoying window.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
Denis, would you be willing to detail the steps you took to make themes changeable?

I have followed the earlier postings, but I'm obviously missing or misunderstanding something, as I haven't made it work.
In this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...223#post553223
I described how I managed to change themes.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze