I tried to connect to Cingular 3g using motorola v3xx and it did not work. I am getting an error 'Connection failed to motorola phone'- I made it work with my MacBook Pro over the bluetooth and it required a different modem script. Is there a way to upload this script to N800 'cause I think the problem is that N800 does not have a correct modem script for v3xx bluetooth.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
See this...

http://www.tabletcorner.com/nokia770/guides/razr.html

mine connects with "GPRS Ready" on the RAZR
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

yeah, I could see the folders and get files from the folders but as soon as I want to connect to the internet it gives me this error. You probably have a different model. v3xx supports fast 3g connection but evil cingular made sure that it won't be easy to use your phone as a modem.

The CDMA providers (Verizon/Sprint) are well known for locking down their phone's features, particularly stuff like DUN to limit bluetooth internet tethering abilities. The GSM providers (Cingular/ATT/T-mobile) are generally very easy to get working, but you are then limited to GPRS/EDGE speeds. I would love to hear about any success stories people have had with Sprint, in particular.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
i am using cingular with a brand new V3xx (just got it yesterday) and I tethered it to my N800 with no effort. I didn't even go through the phone tutorial. I had been using an N80 with cingular, so the dial up preferences were already set up. I simply paired the phone, and left the rest of it as is. I would imagine it would be fine if you just went through the phone wizard from Connection Manager. Let me know if it doesn't work...

you are using a dial up and and I am trying to connect to 3g network via the packet data.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
mine is set up to use a packet data connection (not data call or what not) to my razr and gets a connection fine.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

a miracle happened. I deleted my v3xx from N800 and then paired them again and now it works. I get much faster connection on Cingular with my v3xx versus v3x on Sprint.

im getting 208 kbps down and 62 kpbs up..this is suppose to be hspda cingular...

what gives?