Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
It's 9:30 EST, and maemo.org and all sub-domain appear offline. Anyone else seeing this?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
West Coast same results 6:31 PDT (I'm guessing that perhaps you meant EDT not EST?)

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
Yes. It is frustrating indeed. I wonder if this is related to the pending (official) announcement of the WiMax N810?

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by linuxrebel View Post
West Coast same results 6:31 PDT (I'm guessing that perhaps you meant EDT not EST?)
/me shoots typist ;-)

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by jayholler View Post
Yes. It is frustrating indeed. I wonder if this is related to the pending (official) announcement of the WiMax N810?
We know Apple does that kind of stuff (puting the website offline just before a major update) but Nokia? Shold be a first (I think)
But lets hope for the best

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Originally Posted by jayholler View Post
LOL.

It's Sunday night and everyone (2 employees?) at Maemo.org is home for the weekend. The hamster running the wheel that powers the website got distracted and probably jumped out of it's cage and is chewing on the cables.

Nokia has nothing about any new Internet Tablet yet: http://www.nseries.com/index.html#l=products,gateway
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

The Following User Says Thank You to OSEmuTech For This Useful Post:
I would point out when you pull a website offline intentionally you usually put up a "We will be right back message"

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, USA
It is not only down, but there is not even a landing page explaining. It makes me think they may have an issue. If not, I can't wait to see what was worth this...

maemo.org stopped operations at or around July 1 2007 and has lived on only in akamai caches as a phantom residual of a website

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Originally Posted by El Amir View Post
We know Apple does that kind of stuff (puting the website offline just before a major update) but Nokia? Shold be a first (I think)
But lets hope for the best

Yeah normally doesn't it go offline after the release (Ok I'm being overly sarcastic. sorry)