Active Topics

Rushmore, stay away from memory on Ebay period. Most of it is scam stuff anyways. The only brand that I've bought regular quantities of, or at least used to, that's very prone to failure is Adata. I've had every single Adata card I've ever owned collapse under moderate use. So I highly recommend staying away from them. PNY, EP, and Centon are all chepo cards, so stay away from those. Otherwise, makers like Patriot, Transcend, Kingston and others are all good brands I trust outside of Sandisk.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
The only brand that I've bought regular quantities of, or at least used to, that's very prone to failure is Adata. I've had every single Adata card I've ever owned collapse under moderate use. So I highly recommend staying away from them.
Strange. How many cards were that? All MicroSD?

I have several Adata cards, though all CF, and they work very well.

Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
My big issue is VM; I'm swapping exclusively to my class-6 SD, and it's massively fast.
1) Where did you make changes to accomplish this?

2) Is the class-6 external microSD faster that the internal eMMC?

Anyone looking for more speed... Try here:- Class 10 anyone?

is this fake (there many ebay sellers that sell micro sd 32 gb around 30$) or the micro sds 32gb are so much cheaper now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-NEW-32GB-32G...item1e5bf3d7b6

never heard the phrase 'too good to be true'???
check his feedback...............

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yeah i agree with stew-b, he's only got 17 pos feedback. If youre going to buy stuff like that or electrtonics make sure you buy from a power seller!

Here's some food for thought:

I recall that the "class" categorization increases as the Write speed increases.
Example you can write data into Class 8 cards faster than Class 6 cards. But this is irrespective of Reading speeds.
So for high resolution video capturing (read DSLR), the higher class is better for recording.
But if you were loading Applications or watching media (read loading ROMs into emulators), the Reading speed is the deciding factor and it may be less in higher class cards.

Glad to kill the stereotype

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
yeah i agree with stew-b, he's only got 17 pos feedback. If youre going to buy stuff like that or electrtonics make sure you buy from a power seller!
With convenient stickers over the parts of the packaging that say "16" and how many photos, music tracks, videos 16 gig is equivilant to..

the 32gig blister pack I bought didn't include a SD adapter, either..

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
is this fake (there many ebay sellers that sell micro sd 32 gb around 30$) or the micro sds 32gb are so much cheaper now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-NEW-32GB-32G...item1e5bf3d7b6
Look at the feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller

"The product counterfeit.Please caution this selling party!
albertsm4 ( 0 ) 100% NEW 32GB 32G microSD micro SD SDHC (#130391727405) AU $23.99"

The picture of the package appears to have a round 32GB sticker placed over the real capacity.