Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by mautz001 View Post
After installing Yappari I can no longer use WhatsApp on my HTC one I can't reregister my phone Number. The registration process stops at 4:57 on my One) anyone can help?
You can use the Whatsapp service only on one device. And you can't register the same number again within one week. So just wait, in case you just installed and configured Yappari in the last couple of days. And don't switch back and forth every so often, as you will get blocked.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Spain
In the future, we may send voice messages? You have in mind integrate audio player?
Thank you!

Last edited by tanrax; 2013-08-16 at 23:35.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by mautz001 View Post
After installing Yappari I can no longer use WhatsApp on my HTC one I can't reregister my phone Number. The registration process stops at 4:57 on my One) anyone can help?
YOU CAN'T USE THE SAME NUMBER ON TWO DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

You'll get banned if you keep trying.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@Scorpius

I have noticed something, not sure if it is the default behaviour or not.

When viewing a contact's information, if the contact doesn't have an ongoing chat (i.e. there is no chat entry in the Yappari main menu), the last seen time will be out of date and as soon as a chat window is opened with said contact the time is updated correctly.

Originally Posted by mlwane View Post
@Scorpius

I have noticed something, not sure if it is the default behaviour or not.

When viewing a contact's information, if the contact doesn't have an ongoing chat (i.e. there is no chat entry in the Yappari main menu), the last seen time will be out of date and as soon as a chat window is opened with said contact the time is updated correctly.
What should happen is: you open the contact information and Yappari requests for an update of the last seen timestamp. In the meantime you'll see the old timestamp but it gets updated when WhatsApp servers reply. Depends on your connection I guess. In my phone is less than a second and then I get the updated time. I just tested it (in case WhastApp screwed it again) and works flawlesly.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Spain
Originally Posted by tanrax View Post
In the future, we may send voice messages? You have in mind integrate audio player?
Thank you!
I guess that's a no XD

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Voted

I am not using Whatsapp now, because the usb internal port of my N900 has broken and a friend will repair it for me... Now I am using and Android phone, and I miss my hardware keyboard and Yappari.... :'( I won't use official whatsapp client because I don't want to give all my contacts data to Whatsapp Inc. Maybe if I found an app to have a contact list apart of the Android normal one...

Hope to get using Yappari again soon

Originally Posted by Tschaka View Post
You can use the Whatsapp service only on one device. And you can't register the same number again within one week. So just wait, in case you just installed and configured Yappari in the last couple of days. And don't switch back and forth every so often, as you will get blocked.
What information does whatsapp use to determine that you are using more than one device? IMEI? or something else?

Any way for yappari not to send this to whastapp?

Will there be any problems with using 2 whatsapp accounts on the same device (by switching between 2 versions of yappari.conf)?

Originally Posted by zero View Post
What information does whatsapp use to determine that you are using more than one device? IMEI? or something else?

Any way for yappari not to send this to whastapp?

Will there be any problems with using 2 whatsapp accounts on the same device (by switching between 2 versions of yappari.conf)?
I wonder WHY... JUST WHY people want to:

1.- Use the same number EVERYWHERE.

2.- Use several numbers in just once device.

Are you people spamming other people or what?

Just DON'T.

Anyway in response of your first question: a unique password is created by WhatsApp servers to every device at registration. Two devices shouldn't have the same password.

If you were able to retrieve the password from your Android phone and use it in Yappari maybe it would work but I don't think so because the client versions are different anyway and I think that's verified as well (but not sure).

Second question: There shouldn't be any problems, but who knows exactly? Just don't do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Why? Well, because I got myself into a dumb situation with SIMs expiring.

I have 2 N900s with 2 phone numbers and a whatsapp from a 3rd phone number which doesn't exist any more, and I want to port the 2nd number to a 4th number, so I thought I could get 1 more year of free whatsapp from the 4th number which will only be usable for a few days.

And one of my N900s is slightly broken so it stays at home as my "landline", but it has the wrong whatsapp account activated, so it would be more convenient if I could move the yappari.conf, anyway I dunno I will just try it and see what happens.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp