Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
After having watched the ShadowGun demo, I was thinking about First Person Shooters on tablets, and I think it can be done almost as well as with a keyboard/mouse.
Sorry, but... no. I still insist on a far more comfortable, ergonomic and controllable joystick/joypad accessory to play games on my tablet/phone. Thank ANDROID that we'll have that fully supported in Android 3.1, now, with the accessories drivers market they announced.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Something seems terribly amis with the battery and the battery metre on my Tab. If I am playing Drag Racing for example (which I highly highly highly recommend) I virtually need to keep the Tab plugged as it barely lasts an hour. Even with just basic browsing I can barely do a few hours. The battery metre also seems off cause it will be showing almost full charge and then a few minutes later I get battery critical message. When it dies a minute later and I switch it back on it comes on and shows about a quarter charge which shows the metre was off when it showed empty.

Any ideas how to fix these issues? Presumably an upgrade to Gingerbread would help but that doesn't seem to be an option as I can't connect in Kies mode and not even sure the update is available where I live (probably not).

Do I need to reformat the device? If I do is there a way to back up the whole device to PC for free?

Is there a background process that could be eating the battery? If so how do I find out?

Any ideas much appreciated.
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Have you tried to re-calibrate the battery? Apparently, flashing roms can screw up the battery calibration, and require re-calibration. Clockwork recovery can do it, there's also an app in the market to do it.
Lemmy's got it. The battery stats might be going wonky on you. You could fix that by resetting it. I recommend disconnecting the Tab from power--do NOT have it plugged in at all from here on out: Go into Clockwork Recovery, choose ADVANCED, then choose WIPE BATTERY STATS and reboot. Let your Tab drain the battery until it shuts itself off. Once it's completely drained to the point of turning itself off (you might want to play Plants vs Zombies or something.. heheh), THEN go ahead and plug the Tab back in and let it charge back up FULLY. Don't interrupt the charging process. Once it's completely charged, the battery stats log should be properly calibrated for your battery and work properly from here on out.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
yo! i just re-installed SPB shell 3D on my Captivate....and the update is awesome! very smooth.

and some of you might seen a tablet (i think its an ASUS) that uses this launcher on a tablet....i just dont know where is that article or site...

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-06-05 at 14:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Sorry, but... no. I still insist on a far more comfortable, ergonomic and controllable joystick/joypad accessory to play games on my tablet/phone. Thank ANDROID that we'll have that fully supported in Android 3.1, now, with the accessories drivers market they announced.
Well, I'm with you, that it would be great to have accessory support (which 3.1 brings), but the moment you require an accessory for gameplay, mobility typically suffers and your market is cut down drastically. Of course, the controller/keyboard/mouse could be an option, and a welcome one for serious gamers.

The recommended scheme is not a replacement for a keyboard/mouse or a physical controller, just (IMO) a better way of controlling compared to trying to mimic a console controller on the device face. Again, it doesn't have to be the default controlling scheme, or even the only one: it could very easily be made an option for power gamers on the road to better play and compete with one another.

I most certainly would appreciate such a scheme.

Wow! Take a look at the Tab 7 browser performance with the 2.3.3 update!
VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nxSUbeS4c4

It seems that Sammy is using the new accelerated browser ala the Galaxy S2. It is very smooth.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
This Android developer blog posts talks about the updated UI Animation system in Honeycomb that simplifies animation, while upping the flexibility and performance dramatically.

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...yanimator.html

Hopefully we'll see some inventive UIs coming down the pipe, as it would seem quite trivial to do such things now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
yes! this will be my first qwerty droid! i love qwerty!!!!

EDIT: i hope we get the specs, rumor or official soon

EDIT2: rumored specs....SGS2....i need to set aside my savings for you ATM >_<

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2011-06-05 at 21:30.

Trying to run my damn battery down on my S2 to reset it. Started at like 80% - am 1 hour into Aliens streamed via wifi from netflix and I still have 38% left. Not sure I can stay up late enough
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
This Android developer blog posts talks about the updated UI Animation system in Honeycomb that simplifies animation, while upping the flexibility and performance dramatically.

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...yanimator.html

Hopefully we'll see some inventive UIs coming down the pipe, as it would seem quite trivial to do such things now.
Its about goddamn time. The animation framework has sucked big time for ages.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy