The N900 looks like an amazing phone. But my order that was supposed to be sent today is now labeled as "no new date"
I have been patiently waiting for this phone but I'm going back to HTC.

I'll get the HTC HD2 for the same price. It's a shame since I was really looking forward for the N900. I might buy one later when all the bugs and problems are sorted.

I just had to get out some frustration. Hope you all get your's in time and that you love it

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Patience is the mark of the successful individual. It is truly a virtue.

In any case, the N900 was reported to have shipped today, so if you jumped the gun for the HD2, you missed the boat by exactly one day.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/25/n...reedom-trucks/

I suspect the rest of the world will follow shortly if not already.

}:^)~

Forget net sales and go pick one it the shop. They are arriving everywhere.

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Patience is the mark of the successful individual. It is truly a virtue.

In any case, the N900 was reported to have shipped today, so if you jumped the gun for the HD2, you missed the boat by exactly one day.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/25/n...reedom-trucks/

I suspect the rest of the world will follow shortly if not already.

}:^)~
So what was the press-release a week or 2 back about it aldeary shipping ?
Nokia needs to get their act together.
Even I am tiring of this mindless wait.
In fact a lot of my initial enthusiasm about this new phone and platform has already evaporated. After all I got a life to live too instead of speculating and reading forums all day to keep up.

I just got a mail from my operator(nettstore). They still don't have a date for the N900 and will send me the HD2 on monday

Both N900 and HD2 are great phones, so It's a winwin situation.

My N900 is in the mail.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by DiemetriX View Post
I just got a mail from my operator(nettstore). They still don't have a date for the N900 and will send me the HD2 on monday

Both N900 and HD2 are great phones, so It's a winwin situation.
IMO Maemo 5 > Android 2.0 > WinMobile 6.5

Also I hate the weather based HTC Sense UI. It looks amazing, but this just isn't useful for anything..

I would probably never buy a winmobile phone, if microsoft can't show it's potential on mobile devices. (still hoping win7 for mobile is becoming nice..)

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
We all want this phone, but is frustrating the way Nokia is handling the situation.

Nokia does not look like a big company in this case. Moving dates, no info, no feedback, nothing. We, Nokia customers, just have to wait until one day, God knows when, Nokia decide to ship the devices.

Most of us want maemo and sometimes we criticize Apple, but at least apple takes care of their customers, and when they announce a release date, they fulfill it.

It's disappointing the Nokia silence regarding when n900s will be shipped.

I pre-order (amazon) since Nov 3rd, and there are people that pre-order since September, and have got nothing yet and worst, no one ones when will the phones arrive because Nokia are not being serious enough to announce a release date they can fulfill in all stores.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
I went down to my local mobile store the other day and had a long talk with guy behind counter who looked up the phone... It had arrived at their home office and that usually ment (he told me) that they would have the phones within a weeks time... so that would put it in the store just before weekend or early next week...

Can fully understand you DiemetriX. This waiting is sooo frustrating... Not a day goes by where I'm not checking the net store, surfing Youtube for n900 (filtering by vids added today) going to this forum looking for Reviews, acessories etc. There are days where I begin to doubt wanting to buy the phone (especially seeing all the posts with missing audio in mic, black screens, faulty memory cards, people bashing the phone for beeing slow, laggy, faulty, not syncing well and having a bad calendar) I usually start searching for alternative phones... HTC HD2, the Droid, the Satio, the Omnia II, the ipho... nah just kidding

All theese phones look nice... have nice specs and alot of apps... but I have a Windows mobile, don't want another no matter how good the hardware is, Symbian seems outdated and clunky, Android seems well meh! and so I keep comming back to the n900. Something just draws me in... and I start seeing all the good things about it (well... seeing them again! and they far outweigh the negatives) and that is when I realize that I have made up my mind and the n900 IS the phone I want! So patience my young Padawan...

Thanks to all the good people on the forum standing up for the phone, defending it and dismissing alot of the negative things written about it...
For posting experiences, sharing the phone with us who are not so fortunate to hold it in our hands, and for keeping the hope alive :-P

*sob* sorry got to go... have something in my eye...

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
We all want this phone, but is frustrating the way Nokia is handling the situation.

Nokia does not look like a big company in this case. Moving dates, no info, no feedback, nothing. We, Nokia customers, just have to wait until one day, God knows when, Nokia decide to ship the devices.

Most of us want maemo and sometimes we criticize Apple, but at least apple takes care of their customers, and when they announce a release date, they fulfill it.

It's disappointing the Nokia silence regarding when n900s will be shipped.

I pre-order (amazon) since Nov 3rd, and there are people that pre-order since September, and have got nothing yet and worst, no one ones when will the phones arrive because Nokia are not being serious enough to announce a release date they can fulfill in all stores.
From what I've read in other posts, the speculation is that Nokia is preventing other retailers from shipping the N900. All retailers should have it in stock by now, but Nokia might be trying to get some extra sales from their own stores before allowing the others to ship.
Not sure if this is true, just what I've read around these forums.

I've ordered from Amazon on October 17th. I am EXTREMELY annoyed at this point that I have no device, and no date for which I will be getting it... All I have is a message that says the device will NOT be shipped before December 25th, and an order date that is outside of the Nokia Rebate requirement.
I probably won't be able to get the rebate.

Very Annoyed