Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by yawuji View Post
@CepiPerez, I have been trying to install Whatsup in my Jolla running Sailfish OS 1.1.6.27 from the Warehouse App. But I am getting this error

Fatal error: whatsup-0.1-9.armv7hl requires libQt5Location.so.5, but this requirement cannot be provided..

Wondering if you can help me sort this issue .. thanks
Resolved this issue and got Whatsup running in my Jollla. For anyone who may encounter this issue in the future this is what I did ..

Did a pkcon refresh after which following error was returned
'Fatal error: Authentication failed (is SSU set up correctly?)'

In order to fix the above error, changed the SSU release from 'Latest' to '1.1.6.27' (Sailfish OS version of my device) . This thread posted in together.jolla.com was really helpful in sorting this out - ssu status Release

Then pkcon refresh was run sucessfully and Whatsup was installed along with it's dependancies from the Warehouse App.

@CepiPerez, thanks for this wonderful App.
@mrsellout , thanks again for your help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yawuji For This Useful Post:
I can't add new member to a group. The member gets added but actually not added since checking another conversation and coming back to group doesn't reflect the new member added. Please fix it, Cepi. Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by purplewakanda View Post
I can't add new member to a group. The member gets added but actually not added since checking another conversation and coming back to group doesn't reflect the new member added. Please fix it, Cepi. Thanks
this usually happens when the user has blocked you. Can you talk to the person itself?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
this usually happens when the user has blocked you. Can you talk to the person itself?
I can chat with the person individually. So I'm not blocked.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
I also have now the problem that I don't receive messages.
All people to whom I open a new chat get my messages I can see their status like ...is writing a message... but I never receive something.
This happens to Apple and to Android users. Sailfish users I don't have.

The only place where I can still receive answers is within groups. strangely.

I tried shutting down the app including disconnecting, restarting the phone etc. nothing helped.

Additional Info: I also see that the app constanly loses the connection. Should I send the log? or can I somehow reset the app somehow?

Last edited by PatsJolla; 2015-08-03 at 10:37.

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Never noticed this. Please tell your friend that send you some messages again and send me log files.
you've got a pm.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
I've received an email from what$app lawyers... so I don't think I should keep maintaining this app
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
@ CP -With all respect for ur desicion i would like to thank u for all the hard work u put into this project, sad to see such a good app unmaintained by his maker.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
I've received an email from what$app lawyers... so I don't think I should keep maintaining this app

do you think they can hit you? I mean its us law and you live in eu or not?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
They only can delete facebook page, delete instagram page and delete whatsapp account. All main devs i know are received similar messages, most of projects are closed. Devs who ignored this case, desist and demand email got removed their accounts.

Last edited by coderus; 2015-08-05 at 07:42.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup