Notices

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
PS: Profile icons are updated now as described
I recon the kirigami profile icons need some rework now, correct?
Will also look into shortlist for kirigami and post at least the corrected opacity svgs for on map usage sometime later this day.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
- the 'center on current position' on map and in menu look too different
If it is decided that the "current position" feature remains in the menu i will sure do a new icon set for them.
But it was discussed to remove the line completely due to redundancy with the on-map button and its more usefull placement there.
What is your stance on this topic, @rinigus?

I really like the simplified icons in menu and maybe a simplified one looking more similar to the one on map is possible (@mosen/fellfrosch)?
Sorry but that train has passed. The existing icons for on-map have kind of a lengthy history now and the main feature is unification of the symbols over all systems. From my pov and skill level, they are already as simplified as possible i can do. Or maybe i missunderstood and you need to elaborate?

- the menu icons for online and mixed are clear to see but the one for offline looks dimmed (maybe I just voted for a new set one post above?)
Yepp, the dimmed effect was supposed to make the offline icon look as inactive as possible. But now that all three icon change in place when the profile is changed it looks awkward.

This is to be considered with the new olf-selected iconset also. please @rinigus, before using the ones i posted let me check what happens if you change them in place. I think the arrows are not positioned equally over the 3 icons and it may look "jumpy".

Hope to be able to do all corrections over the course of the day/evening.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-03-23 at 12:38.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Re "current position" in menu: I would suggest to drop it. I personally never use it. Although, question is if new users find it helpful to have it there. While here we have a usergroup which has some experience with Pure Maps, I wonder if anyone is using it from menu.

Re profile icons: feel free to change, I can always update in the source code. You can also submit the icons as PR, if you wish. Current version is under qml/icons/sailfishos

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
Reading tracks is there already. Irs under navigation, since its made for allowing you to drive/walk along a track. See GPX routers.

As for recording and showing just records, we have (insert difficult german name) sports application. Since its quite good, I preferred not to overlap with it.
@rinigus and @peterleinchen Many thanks for help. Laufhelden is good app. This app uses OSM Scout Server. It's good.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
While here we have a usergroup which has some experience with Pure Maps, I wonder if anyone is using it from menu.
To help in your decision, not long ago i was a new user to pure maps and was irritated from the menu entry because i expected to be able to adjust something regarding "center on current position". I clicked it multiple times before i realized it does the same than the on-map center button.

Also, PR with profile icons and opacity fixes sent
Attached Images

Last edited by mosen; 2019-03-23 at 20:42.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
To help in your decision, not long ago i was a new user to pure maps and was irritated from the menu entry because i expected to be able to adjust something regarding "center on current position". I clicked it multiple times before i realized it does the same than the on-map center button.
+1
and also to remove it from menu

Also, PR with profile icons and opacity fixes sent
Is it my ageing eye sight? Or is the left/up arrow from offline icon not a bit too dark (should be as white as all other left/up), or?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Just to asure you and because i share the same aging eyesight, support by shiny new glasses since 3 month though.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
why did you choose the icon at the left for "offline mode"?
It's icons "Record" of tape recorder for me.
Maybe I'm very old...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by XOleg View Post
why did you choose the icon at the left for "offline mode"?
It's icons "Record" of tape recorder for me.
Maybe I'm very old...
It was distinct and at the same time in the same line of the icons as offline and mixed. not sure whether that symbol is used anymore for recording, but I never checked

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Regarding the center on current position button, I would even go a step further:

In menu there are also options to center position automatically and to rotate mapview automatically. I would remove these options from menu as well. The option for rotating the mapview is already on the map view and is there the better choice.

Further on, I think people expect, that the center button in map view works similar than the rotation button, but it doesn't. That's in principle OK, because there is a further option and therefore the option in the menu is a different one as that on the mapview. Anyway for me it would be better when I could also switch to the automatic enter position mode from mapview. So I would suggest the following:

Remove both options from menu. Add an indicator on the buttons in mapview, that the options are active. Functionality of the rotation button can stay as it always was. Functionality of the center map button gets a further option: If you want to center once just make a short tap on the button. If you want it to center automatically make a long tap on it.

I hope I described my proposal in an understandable way.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Just to asure you and because i share the same aging eyesight, support by shiny new glasses since 3 month though.
Looks nice.
I definitely need a new one, too. Or at least glasses as frame is more or less new (did not yet get used to wear it )

Okay both arrows have the same color whereas the arrows for online/mixed ve a white one and a grey one, right?
So it is on purpose?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: