Is anybody having the problem where, after flashing an N810 with OS2008, absolutely NOTHING is able to be downloaded from ANY repository? This is incredibly frustrating.

"Downloading boingomobile failed"
"Downloading cambera failed"
"Downloading maemopad failed"

I even added a bunch of repositiries from http://www.gronmayer.com/it/ (being careful not to duplicate anything) and no joy with any of that stuff, either. Nothing is working.

After all the pain of trying to get OS2008 downloaded, now THIS?

This is my first visit to internettablettalk, and from what I have read, others have had trouble downloading OS2008, and some have had trouble with at least some installs, but this is comprehensive. I can't get anything from any repository to install!

Oh--and while I like having street names in the map application, when I tried to update to the voice navigation trial, I got this:

"Licensing failed. System error."

And trying to update the Map application through Application manager (version 2.2.6.377-1 comes in OS2008) yields this:

"Unable to install. Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system. Contact software author."

I reflashed twice, even after downloading another copy. No joy.

Is there a problem with my device, or are issues of this magnitude common after one of these updates?

Thanks for any help! And thanks for what looks to be a great forum!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Thanks for taking the time to post in one of about half a dozen or more threads already addressing this issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sparky1025 View Post
Is anybody having the problem where, after flashing an N810 with OS2008, absolutely NOTHING is able to be downloaded from ANY repository?
Somebody will... But YMMV as to why. I haven't had any problems today.

Originally Posted by sparky1025 View Post
And trying to update the Map application through Application manager (version 2.2.6.377-1 comes in OS2008) yields this:

"Unable to install. Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system. Contact software author."
Now that is a plain packaging error. Official Nokia supported parts of the system (and map is one of them) are protected against unauthorized overwriting through a public key signature, and whoever put that update online at Wayfinder messed up and provided none.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sevo For This Useful Post: