Installed yesterday and here's what I think so far:
(correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood something)

Launcher:
- Bottom row of 4 buttons is ONLY available when no apps are open.

- I wish opening app launcher was 2 phase so gentle pull would always open the bottom row, and you'd need to pull strongly or twice to get the full launcher. Or maybe lock it when user stops pulling, so you can choose how many apps you want to show and could have any row in the bottom of the screen for easier thumb movement.

- Launcher indicator (on bottom) could be shown at all times? I keep on forgetting it's available everywhere and keep on swiping back home to launch apps.

- The black background or app launcher seems very out-of-place, and should be replaced (patch?) by some form of transparent glass effect or something.

Lock screen:

- WHY IS THE SILENCE PHONE SHORTCUT GONE??? That makes no sense. Forcing user to creating another ambience just to have quick ability to silence the phone is a pretty sad way trying to make the feature more meaningful and used.

- CuteSpot apparently now has integrated lockscreen media controls? Or is it Sailfish itself? Liking it, though the former patch with swiping seemed a bit more intuitive.

Home:

- Why is there no pulley menu in home screen? Why is it in lock screen which is usable literally once every time you take the phone out of the pocket? This makes the whole feature quite useless.

- Wasn't there supposed to finally be support for landspace mode across the board, including home screen?

Other stuff:

- Feeds are gone ..? I logged on twitter but theres no feeds available anywhere?? I guess I'll just have to start using tweetian, which is objectively way superior anyway, so I guess it's a win - kinda. I hope apps can now access the notification screen to create a tweetian (or other social media) based feed in there?

- Creating ambiences seems bugged, it centers the wallpaper very strangely ending up being pixelated and nothing like user wanted. Creating image 1.75 times bigger than Jolla's native resolution and centering the image will roughly give you centered wallpaper with correct resolution.

- Pulley menu "confirmation" (flashing twice) before doing anything feels like it's slowing everything down. Also the contrast is kinda bad, so it's harder to see if you're on top of the right row.

Sorry for a bit of a mess of text. I was outlining my thoughts as I typed.

E: Made the text give less headache to read..

Last edited by parasemic; 2015-09-06 at 18:03.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Installed yesterday and here's what I think so far:
(correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood something)

- The new launcher is pretty nice, but I hate the fact that the row of 4 buttons is ONLY available when no apps are open. I wish opening app launcher was 2 phase so gentle pull would always open the bottom row, and you'd need to pull strongly or twice to get the full launcher.
When you tap empty space in the homescreen does the first row of icons appear for a moment?

Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
When you tap empty space in the homescreen does the first row of icons appear for a moment?
Yes .........

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Yes .........
No. For me it only appears when there are zero apps open. If anything is open, it will never appear.

I'm running clean install of 2.0 after a recovery mode reset and updated with 0 apps or patches or anything installed.

Yeah, ambience creation is completely broken. To get perfect resolution ambience you need to create image 1.75x bigger (945x1680) and center the wanted photo perfectly within it.

Examples:
Attached Images

Last edited by parasemic; 2015-09-06 at 17:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
That would be a good workaround. If an app could indicate to the OS that it could be suspended but retain a cover showing the last status that would give the impression of better multitasking than the limited ram allows.
This is essentially what happens though.

Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Yeah, ambience creation is completely broken. To get perfect resolution ambience you need to create image 1.75x bigger (945x1680) and center the wanted photo perfectly within it.

Examples:
It isn't broken, it's made so the image also looks good in landscape mode. Turn your phone around in an app with landscape support and you'll see.

I did notice one thing wrt this, namely that any ambiences created before the update need to be removed and recreated, otherwise they won't turn around when the device is in landscape mode - come to think of it this is probably quite logical, assuming the ambiences are saved as an image somewhere, they would look terrible if the update automatically made them work in landscape as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Triple post woo, there seems to be an issue with apostrophes in WebPirate's text editor so apologies for that. I can't post with the regular browser because this site still blocks Tor...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
How are you guys upgrading?

Originally Posted by nthn View Post
It isn't broken, it's made so the image also looks good in landscape mode. Turn your phone around in an app with landscape support and you'll see.

I did notice one thing wrt this, namely that any ambiences created before the update need to be removed and recreated, otherwise they won't turn around when the device is in landscape mode - come to think of it this is probably quite logical, assuming the ambiences are saved as an image somewhere, they would look terrible if the update automatically made them work in landscape as well.
Ah, alright. Didn't think of that when the home screen still doesn't turn, but you're right.

Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
How are you guys upgrading?
ssu re [version number here]
version --dup

Not sure if you can update straight 1.1.9.28 or should go 1.1.9.27 first.