I am looking for someone who would be interested in compiling gfire for pidgin in Maemo rather than for easy debian.

I don't have a scooby myself on how to do this. I do how ever know there are many people who would love to get their hands on such a plugin.

I spoke to the gfire people and they aren't able to compile it Although there is a deb file available when needed.

gfire is an plugin for pidgin that lets u connect to the Xfire network.

so to sumarise: there is an xfire plugin for normal pidgin. it is a deb package. it needs to be compiled for Maemo pidgin.

Is anyone interested in undertaking this and is there anything i can do

thanks.

Even just some advice would be welcome

Please guys. Can anyone just point me in the right direction or even let me know what's involved. I could pay something for your time i guess

Troll threads about ppl selling their N900's a firing abuse at us get more replies around here lol

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Here's a quick deb, built in the PR 1.1 SDK. Do I know if it'll work? No. Do I care if it does not? No, as I use neither Xfire nor Pidgin

http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty12/gfire/

Oh, you'll have to "dpkg -i" it as I forgot to change the section...

On a side note, the libnotify support should really be using HildonNotify but I'm too lazy

thank you

Gibsonus did qwerty12's version work for you? I dpkg and installed is, but I can't seem to add my xfire account anywhere. Is there something i'm missign or have to do to make use of it?

i'm also interested. any luck either of u two?

My solution to this and other OS related problem was to buy a Galaxy S. I'll be back with Nokia when they release an E7 or N9 type qwerty keyboard phone with a 1ghz plus processor and a better supported OS that doesn't just rely on the excellent unpaid efforts of a few good men.

:-)

Originally Posted by gibsonus View Post
My solution to this and other OS related problem was to buy a Galaxy S. I'll be back with Nokia when they release an E7 or N9 type qwerty keyboard phone with a 1ghz plus processor and a better supported OS that doesn't just rely on the excellent unpaid efforts of a few good men.

:-)
oh dear...

well i would have just waited for the N9.

Originally Posted by sprite View Post
oh dear...

well i would have just waited for the N9.
Lol... I did... And I did... And I did... And I still am. Problem is that the N9 is pretty much developed and could have out of date hardware by the time it gets released on a platform that Nokia are not pushing and so people will still be starting threads like this one asking for ports because of the lack of apps in the meego app store ;-)