Notices

I don't think this is a bug so much as an intentional feature that needs to be configurable (and may already be?)

If i'm walking with my N800 in my pocket, I want the keys locked for very obvious reasons. C2 seems to be pausing playback on lock and resuming on unlock. I can't see under what circumstances this would be desirable. I can get around it by switching away from the application before locking, but this seems like unnecessary extra work.

WAIT: i'm wrong. It has to be a bug. It only happens when locking using the centre d-pad button. If you lock using OK on the menu, nothing pauses, but it then pauses when I unlock the device.

In which, case, it seems to be more about the centre button behavior in general when read along with my earlier post. In summary:

- Centre button acts as normal even as part of a power-centre button locking attempt.
- Centre button to resume after pause restarts track if track has been seeked previously.

Is there anything logged in the tracker yet that i've missed or should I be logging these?

PS: Still love it.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Onion,

I think it's really a bug, a silly one (when you hit the middle button) it will send a pause (as it was controlling the music) that's why : /

Sorry we will fix that. Can you please fill a bug in the garage site (you don't even need to register)

thanks

Handful - catching up now sorry for the delay. Somebody beat me to logging it as bug 1798:

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=125&atid=1989

I've also logged bug 1860 to raise the issue of tracks returning to the beginning when using the d-pad button to resume after pausing when the track has been "seeked" (either whilst playing or when paused):

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=125&atid=1989

Cheers,
Tom.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
This actually seems like more of a hildon (well, powermenu ui) bug than a Canola bug, as I have had the d-pad signal passed on to a number of applications when trying to lock.

I see where you're coming from, but wouldn't that mean it would happen in *all* applications? It doesn't happen, for example, in the standard Media Player, where the d-pad button has exactly the same functionality.

Cheers,
Tom.