Notices

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
I've ported my Qt based Pandora Internet Radio player qAndora to work on my Nokia N9 and Nokia N900. Figured I would share.

Nokia N9 Support

Install Instructions:

You might need to run apt-get -f install to grab missing dependencies for python-gst0.10 from the repo.

Nokia N900 Support

My normal dpkg --build method for creating hackages doesn't work with dpkg on the N900 as it is too old to support the .xz compression format. Because of this I do not have an automatic installer just yet. Open to suggestions on building one.

Install Instructions:
  • Install python-gst0.10, python-pyside, and python-simplejson
  • Download and extract qandora-n900.tar.gz -> https://github.com/JeffHoogland/qAnd...ra-n900.tar.gz
  • Run qAndora.py: python qAndora.py
  • Optional: Copy qAndora.desktop to /usr/share/applications/hildon/ to create a launcher (assumes qandora-n900 directory is located at /home/user/MyDocs)

Unlike my previous player this application functions with the OSK properly since it is written using Qt instead of Elementary.

Source Code

Last edited by Jef91; 2014-12-17 at 14:53.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Thanks for this great work.
Info : The first package requires python-centrally which is available via apt-get.

Last edited by herdem09; 2014-10-16 at 06:51.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov

Made some touch optimizations to the mobile UI and added a screenshot to the first post.

After a minimal amount of hacking I've got my latest source running on the N900. Added instructions to the first post.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Hey Jeff, I'm having some installation troubles. The debs won't install by opening them, so I went to the terminal. I installed the python-gst0.10 package via the terminal and it all went well, but I'm getting an error when I try apt-get install qandora-mobile. It says "failed to fetch (from your repo) qandora-mobile_0.2_all.deb Size mismatch" I hardly know what I'm doing, could you help me? I'd really love to try this out, thanks for sharing your work with us!

Something openrepos does must have corrupted my .deb file. Try installing it from the download on my GitHub linked in the first post here.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
thanks so much for this mate!!! cant wait to try this on my n900. thanks for continued development for this great phone!!

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
This is really nice! Thanks for creating it!
I'm running it on the N900, & have noticed a few things:

1. On the login screen, the text entry boxes had so little height that it wasn't possible to see the cursor or text that was entered.

2. After logging in, all is great, but under the preferences button, the short text boxes can be seen again.

3. It looks like there are more options under Preferences->General, but the window won't wipe/scroll up to display them.

4. It's piling up the screens with notifications every time the song changes - is there a setting under Preferences -> General to turn the notifications off?

5. Is there an option under Preferences->General to logout? If so & it can be reached, I can get a screenshot of the low login text boxes.

Thanks again for this, it's great!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Yea - the popups need to be made "touch friendly" on the N900. As of right now I haven't edited the login/preferences screen from the desktop application (where they aren't squashed at all).

Hopefully will have time to play around with that at some point, the documentation on PySide with Maemo 5 is pretty scare at this point though. If you want to know what those full Windows contain take a peek at the screenshots here that do not have bunched up text -> https://github.com/JeffHoogland/qAnd...er/screenshots

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post: