Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
120Gb and it happens with windows, linus, meego, etc... I can format the disk but when trying to write something it freezes.
Did you test FreeDOS 1.3? It does not have any disk routine bugs, but default settings for upper-memory are not good for Booklet 3G, so choose safe mode when start first time.

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
I can only work on live boot. Everytime i access hdd or ssd it frezees. Anyone needs parts? I may sell it

I can only work on live boot. Everytime i access hdd or ssd it frezees. Anyone needs parts? I may sell it
Does it really freeze when you start FreeDOS fdisk? If not, there might be one problem to solve. If yes, then it is for parts. What keyboard layout it has?

Did not tried FreeDOS fdisk. What i tried was several os's like ubuntu, pup os, raspberry desktop 32 bit. On all of them, and with any hdd inserted, it works perfectly fine until i try to write something to the disk. However i can format them with no problem. Keyboard is qwerty

Did not tried FreeDOS fdisk. What i tried was several os's like ubuntu, pup os, raspberry desktop 32 bit. On all of them, and with any hdd inserted, it works perfectly fine until i try to write something to the disk. However i can format them with no problem. Keyboard is qwerty
I think you might have TRIM problem, what makes that you cannot install Windows and it seems another OSs you have tested are all linux-based. What I recomend is clear all partitions with FreeDOS fdisk and then make small partition with it and then try format it with FreeDOS format c: command and then try write something to it ( easiest way to install FreeDOS in it )

Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
I think you might have TRIM problem, what makes that you cannot install Windows and it seems another OSs you have tested are all linux-based. What I recomend is clear all partitions with FreeDOS fdisk and then make small partition with it and then try format it with FreeDOS format c: command and then try write something to it ( easiest way to install FreeDOS in it )
Will try that. I got an ssd with windows 7 image and TRIM disabled but no luck. Will try both FreeDos and a live boot from windows to update BIOS

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Hi the issue with ssd Disks is about a problem with the netbook itself.
the booklet cant manage trim

Best way is to make a empy partition with gparted without fileystem.
after that open a Terminal and make a ext4 partiton without trim.
e.g.sudo mkfs.ext4 -E nodiscard /dev/sdx

the x stands for your device.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by monkeyisland View Post
Best way is to make a empy partition with gparted without fileystem.
And if gparted gives error when starting or when deleting current partitions (I had those problems), then try first delete partitions with FreeDOS fdisk (it doesn't care much about current state of disk, but you have to start deleting from the last partition) and then continue with above good hint.

Last edited by teroyk; 2023-06-19 at 10:06.

The problem happens will all hard drives i test. Even with the original Hdd (not an ssd)

Managed to update my BIOS from 1.2 to 2.0 without windows installed. Used the Dos mode on windows installation and was able to do it in DOS mode. It is now on 2.0 but still can't install nothing to the internal disk. Will try a live windows boot. Meego does not boot on Booklet but boots on Asus eee Pc 4g

Tags
booklet, nokia, rx-75