Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
And you are 100% sure that you are not in open mode (there are no warning screens when you boot up etc)? And how about when you change your security code from the settings UI?
There is warning screen, as mentioned in first post. I don't know why? I tried to change security code from the settings UI also, same result.

// might be corrupted firmware image????

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Last edited by praveenchand; 2013-04-03 at 13:24.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
There is warning screen, as mentioned in first post. I don't know why? I tried to change security code from the settings UI also, same result.

// might be corrupted firmware image????
As long as there is a warning screen you cannot set the password. Only way to fix it is to use the flashing command:

sudo flasher -f -F main.bin -R

(And ofcourse you need main.bin which has no errors in it).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
one more question, if i take backup of applications can we restore after flashing? any way to take full backup?

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
one more question, if i take backup of applications can we restore after flashing? any way to take full backup?
No, unless you have taken backups of the deb files, then you can just reinstall those with dpkg -i *.deb, otherwise you must reinstall one by one from the store.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
No, unless you have taken backups of the deb files, then you can just reinstall those with dpkg -i *.deb, otherwise you must reinstall one by one from the store.
This is why I don't prefer to flash. Anyway I will try this weekend.

After flashing n9 seems to be working fine. Last time i missed the final step which might be the reason for that warning message.
"Reboot into the new OS (flasher -R)."