here i have a naive question :
is it possible to have a bootable android or debian?
i mean, using bootmenu to select to boot to Diablo(internal flash), to Android(internal SD card) ,and to Debian(external SD card)?

word of advice... normally forums dont like people to post the exact same question twice... i know its relative to both sections... so pick one or the other.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
To answer your question about Android: No (unfortunately )

Android doesn't run natively on the tablet, needs to run on top of Maemo. This won't change until Google releases the full source code for the Android platform. Rumored to be in August? possibly? Or maybe after the first devices have launched towards the end of Q4? We're waiting on Google, so until then we can't boot directly into Android.

This isn't to say that someone couldn't create an extremely lightweight OS to load Android... Could create a near-native experience.... Could even be based off of Debian if simplified....

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone was making any headway into a bootable Android. I know the source has only been out for a little while, but I'm really excited about the possibility of re purposing my N800 as an Android device!

Thanks!

Evan

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Maryland
Originally Posted by gte619n View Post
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone was making any headway into a bootable Android. I know the source has only been out for a little while, but I'm really excited about the possibility of re purposing my N800 as an Android device!

Thanks!

Evan
Its been a couple of months and most of the linux stuff is over my head . . . anyone know if its bootable yet?

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA

Tags
android, nitdroid