I put fbupdatemode in /usr/bin and added the line into the script but I still get the white screen of death. Am I missing a step or something?

Maybe : #"chmod +x fb_update_mode" ?
Try "./fb_update_mode" in /usr/bin to see if it works.
When I extracted it in sdcard and put it in /usr/bin it doesn't worked but extracted directly in /usr/bin do it well.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Also, like I said it takes a while even when it works right. About a minute.

But yeah, try chmodding it.

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ South Korea
Thanks guys!
I have a N800((OS2008), and I was able to find Android on my device using the android_installer.deb & android_image from previous post. It was really greate!, but it didn't work touchscreen.(It works navigation keys on left top) so I found this imaging post. I flash the kernel using N800zImage, and extracted fb_update_mode file to usr/bin, and added "./fb_update_mode auto" line before chroot to the android.sh. Touchscreen doesn't still work on android, even the navigation keys on the left top!. I guess this situation stared after the kernel flash. I think it's my fault. but i don't know how to solve this problems.
please advise to me about touchscreen problem.

p.s. How can I use the 'patch' tool on N800? I found the message "command not found".

Does anyone else have a problem with bringing up the thumb-board after flashing this kernel? I like to have the stylus keyboard popup by default and bring up the finger keyboard with a finger-press, but that has stopped working after I installed android and flashed this kernel. I am going to try a different kernel and see if the problem is related to the touchscreen patch for this kernel.

--MrAnt--

Just flashed the base kernel with rotation support and the thumb-press to bring up the thumb-board works beautifully again. Just in case someone else is suffering the same problem, I downloaded the kernel with rotation support from here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi..._OS2008_/_N800
Then extracted the kernel from the deb (/usr/share/osso/zImage...) and flashed it with the kernel flasher.

Last edited by mrant; 2008-09-27 at 18:13.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Gillingham, UK
Hi all

Fabulous work getting Android ported over

I'm now trying to get the touch screen working on my N800 using the guide here.

I've clearly failed to interpret the fb_update_mode aspect of the install ?

I've patched the kernel using fanoush's kernel_flasher and modified /usr/bin/android.sh

Now when android launches none of my input controls work. The d pad now fails me ?

How does one implement this fb_update_mode ?

Many thanks

Dave

Question regarding this patch. Does this patch just contain the Android specific stuff (plus a few other tweaks) to the N8x0 kernel source available from Nokia. Or is it a patch to the base 2.6.21 kernel with the Android plus N810 specific stuff?

I was feeling adventurous, so I decided to try Android on my N800...
Success
Can't wait till we have a full port of the latest release (plus some good installable apps )
Thanks to everybody whose efforts made this possible

Tags
android, n800