Originally Posted by velox View Post
It would be great if someone owning a headset with real control buttons (I've only got one call/hangup button) could confirm it's actually working – same goes for bluetooth control, I've got a feeling that it could be basically the same.
Good news, bluetooth control (pause/resume) works like a charm! Thanks a million!

I don't think a "clear playlist" option is something I'd like to include – after all, you can easily open a new directory instead of enqueuing to clear the previous list.
Oh, you are absolutely right, I hadn't realized that. However, Talefish does store positions within directories, doesn't it? While this is very convenient, is this also true for directories that have long been deleted or are being frequently changed (podcasts)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Good news, bluetooth control (pause/resume) works like a charm! Thanks a million!
Awesome, thanks for testing!
Oh, you are absolutely right, I hadn't realized that. However, Talefish does store positions within directories, doesn't it? While this is very convenient, is this also true for directories that have long been deleted or are being frequently changed (podcasts)?
It's saving them in the same database, but not inside the current playlist. And you're right: Deleted directories are currently a problem in this regard. I'm planning on adding an option (I like having options, if you could not tell) for purging old states after a while.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Finally, today I "actively" used the new enqueue option for the very first time in my car. It's just wonderful! Again, thank you so much for adding that!!!

I'm planning on adding an option (I like having options, if you could not tell) for purging old states after a while.
Yip, indeed options are fun. I like your idea. Then again, you could also use some kind of automation to check whether the files in the DB still exist on startup. If they don't, just purge the entries from the DB.

Short update regarding translations:
I have added an additional "real" english translation file to the project to prevent QtCreator from removing "numerusform"-tags on every build. This file is now used as a source file on Transifex and doesn't seem to trigger deletions on Transifex anymore. So starting now, Transifex should be useable again. Thanks for your hard work, translators!

Finally, today I "actively" used the new enqueue option for the very first time in my car. It's just wonderful! Again, thank you so much for adding that!!!

Yip, indeed options are fun. I like your idea. Then again, you could also use some kind of automation to check whether the files in the DB still exist on startup. If they don't, just purge the entries from the DB.
You're very welcome!
Regarding the deleted file check: I'd rather have some minor unexpected behaviour if people feel the need to delete and then play files than doing a resource intensive operation regularly.

Next release will also feature the cleaning up of old states – it's in git, but I'll wait a few days for some translations to be finished (after they got partly destroyed again and again) to make the release worthwile. It may even become version 0.1 instead of 0.0-x
___

It's been really marvellous listening to podcasts and other audio tidbits non-stop. So I really appreciate your efforts!

@velox, Is it okay, if I keep dropping ideas and observations here? As long as it's nothing urgent or pressing, you might feel like this is not the time to generate an endless stream of thoughts of marginal relevance. If this is so, please give me a hint.

I'd rather have some minor unexpected behaviour if people feel the need to delete and then play files than doing a resource intensive operation regularly.
I just wonder, is an "if exist <file>" once on startup really that resource intensive? I happened to notice that gPodder actually does that (which integrates with Talefish rather conveniently, even though I have to purge the old podcasts manually using the file manager).

One really minor thing I noticed today: When I enqueue a file into a playlist that has already been active, the playlist starts playing from the very top (i.e. first file, first second). Would it be possible to retain the current position of a playlist even if files keep being added?

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Hi @velox

WANTED to know why the flac file cover image metadata is not visible in the super app Talefish. also know that the default sailfishOS media player also has the same issue of cover image metadata over flac files. thanks.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-01-11 at 21:53.

@velox, Is it okay, if I keep dropping ideas and observations here?
Totally. It's nice to have an outside perspective and getting confirmation it's actually used – even (or especially) if your usage differs a bit from the main use case of the app. Please don't let it discourage you if I disagree sometimes and deny implementing stuff for one reason or another! Thanks for the ongoing praise, "that goes down like butter", as we say in germany, because we're a weird people.

I just wonder, is an "if exist <file>" once on startup really that resource intensive?
For an audio book with a few hundred files this would slow down start up time on slow hardware like a Jolla JP01 very much.

One really minor thing I noticed today: When I enqueue a file into a playlist that has already been active, the playlist starts playing from the very top (i.e. first file, first second). Would it be possible to retain the current position of a playlist even if files keep being added?
That's the "lazy" thing I mentioned after integrating it: When saving the playback state, it just quickly checks if the file is in the same directory as the first file in playlist – if not, it won't save anything. If playlist handling gets rewritten completely, I'll try to keep that in mind, but I'm not planning to do that at the moment.

Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Hi @velox

WANTED to know why the flac file cover image metadata is not visible in the super app Talefish. also know that the default sailfishOS media player also has the same issue of cover image metadata over flac files. thanks.
Talefish does not use any metadata at all, because those are only available via QML if you use Tracker – see some of the previous posts. Try to put your cover files as .jpg in the directory containing your audio files before opening that directory.
___

Try to put your cover files as .jpg in the directory containing your audio files before opening that directory.
Yes i put a image with .jpg in the directory , IT WAS A SUCCESS!!! THANKS.

THERE IS POSSIBILITY TO IMPLEMENT AN OPTION WHERE PRESSING THE HEADPHONE BUTTON TO ANSWER OR HANG ALSO SERVE TO PASS ON THE NEXT TRACK FOR PRESS HOLD FOR SECONDS?

Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
THERE IS POSSIBILITY TO IMPLEMENT AN OPTION WHERE PRESSING THE HEADPHONE BUTTON TO ANSWER OR HANG ALSO SERVE TO PASS ON THE NEXT TRACK FOR PRESS HOLD FOR SECONDS?
Yes, indeed there is, you don't even have to shout.
Sadly, I seem to have lost my headphones on vacation, so I had to implement it "blindly" without testing. But it's there, you can enable it in the added options (I might have to divide those in different pages at some point). Please confirm if it's working…

So, here's the changes for 0.0-7 (now on openrepos):
- new (EXPERIMENTAL/UNTESTED) feature/options: configure hang up button press + long press
- bugfix: fixed regression where skipping always paused playback
- added available parts (some features were implemented later)
of sv/es/ru/pl translations (thanks eson / caballlero / ancelad / marmistrz)
- new page: about
- new option: purge old saved directory progress
- new convenience setting: reset playback speed by long pressing slider

Enjoy!
___

Yes button press + long press working very well : )
thanks for as requested - @velox THE BEST!

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-01-22 at 15:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:

Tags
audiobook, player, sailfish