I was looking to get some SD cards and i seen 32 Gig SD's for Approximately US $18.85 free shipping, Can this NIT handle that card?

http://shop.ebay.com/newarcade/m.htm...dkw=&_osacat=0

Thanks
-Geremy

Those are in AU and look very sketchy. I would find a more legitimate seller.

And yeah 32GB is the max for SDHC.

Try to go for class 6 if not too expensive. I like Transcend, but other than fishy generic cards and slow speed it should be irrelevant. If that isn't a scam, then it will work q=

You can also hook up an external harddrive but you need a dedicated power source and etc.
EDIT: Yeah I've tried a 320GB but it should support the max that ext3 supports.

Last edited by linuxeventually; 2009-09-03 at 09:41.

FWIW, I remember someone commenting that OS2008 kernel can handle filesystems with 1 Terabyte size. Haven't tried with an external drive, though.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
you can use card reader with usb host mode to read that sd card

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by geremy View Post
I was looking to get some SD cards and i seen 32 Gig SD's for Approximately US $18.85 free shipping, Can this NIT handle that card?

http://shop.ebay.com/newarcade/m.htm...dkw=&_osacat=0

Thanks
-Geremy
I bought my 16gb SD card for $29. The eBay link you provide is just the going bid. The final price could be $60. I look for "buy it now" items.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-09-03 at 13:36.

See my edited post #5.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
the nokia site says max is 8gb. i am not sure, because i have not used a 8gb on mine yet. but thats how i interpret it.

Code:
Memory Functions 
Maximum User Storage 160 MB   
NAND Memory 256 MB   
SDRAM Memory 128 MB   
Memory Card type SD   
Memory Card Features Hot Swap
Voltage: 1.8V, 3V   
Maximum Memory Card Size 8 GB
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N800

Originally Posted by darkog View Post
the nokia site says max is 8gb.
I have a n800, with the latest firmware and a 16gb card, and it works fine without any issues. (except for the memory corruption issue, which seems to happen every few months, regardless of the size of the cards, as it happens to my 4gb and 8gb cards as well).

So I'm guessing that the 8gb in their literature is either because an earlier firmware didn't support any higher, or because at the time of writing (many years ago) they didnt yet have any larger cards on the market.

Originally Posted by darkog View Post
the nokia site says max is 8gb. i am not sure, because i have not used a 8gb on mine yet. but thats how i interpret it.
Disregard the information at that Nokia site. I know for a fact that many of us are useing 16gb and 32gb SD cards in our N800's.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
I have been quite happily using a 32GB SDHC card in my n800 for a while. It has over 6000 mp3s and 1900 ebooks (epub format, I use FBReader for them). The tracker daemon takes quite a while to index it all in the background on startup, but it's otherwise fine. The supplied media player can get a bit unresponsive with so many tracks (my old Rio Karma was fine) so there's another music player modelled after winamp (I forget its name at the moment) which seems to be a bit better.

The Following User Says Thank You to shocking For This Useful Post: