Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
I give you the storage monsters the corp.s can't touch yet. The best smartphone storage cap to date is the "hope" for 128gb. A samsung device. The projection is it will possibly be a decade before there are 1TB smartphones. People want that much and industry is trying to provide, demand is obviously there.
So until rainbows sprout out of everyone's palms, THIS is the "new" standard in monster storage capacity.

Affordable Adata 128 GB Class 10 SDHC SD Cards. They work fine, up to CSSU, not Diablo-Turbo, at least not yet anyway, haven't puzzled it out yet.
The average price now on ebay is $40 ...at auction possibly $20. I have 5 myself. Paid around that 40 mark for a couple, couple round the 20ish mark and picked up one for $5 (not bad eh?).

So even over the next few years as prices go down and 256 GB SDXC cards become more realistically affordable and the industry plays catch up storage-wise, we could leap past them again in capacity from our current max 240GB to theoretically 510GB .

To recap and shake you out of the shock.
STORAGE-WISE NOTHING CAN TOUCH THIS DEVICE AT THIS TIME
Right now the n800 has a max storage cap of 1/4 of a Terabyte with the future potential of 1/2 TB .

It means at the least the monetary value of n800's just went up on ebay from $20 or $40 or $60 ...that is saying "IF" anyone is paying attention here of course.
If not snag a few them up before sellers see it or here it and hike their prices.

My beasts in order are "LEVIATHAN" I call her LEVI for short.
I almost have "everything" installed and she isn't balking at all.

And "BEHEMOTH" BEMI for short. Haven't had time to pack him up yet.

I'll fin here for now any questions just hit me up.
Attached Images

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-07-09 at 19:02.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
To have that much device memory, here are some heavy install applications you can now have on your tablet.

Quackle. An excellent Scrabble game. I think it's like a 110 meg download. I've made a touchscreen keyboard for this if you need it.

Kchmviewer. The best book reader on the N800 by far. I think it's a 70 meg download.

Scid. A super rich chess app with an insane amount of options that can be customized. I believe it's around a 60 meg install.

The best that I can think of though is to decompress Qole's Easy Debian image onto your flash memory.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this.

Oh, and change your icons chief. The default graphics for them are so 2007.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
this is awsome:keep on

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Believe me...the real work involved here is figuring out how to organize everything categorically that you install ...in a way that makes sense to you...
I completely agree and that is why I use the following system for my tablet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
lol it looks like an alien piece... good job

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Hi,
I've just come across your post on this website because I searched "how much is the nokia n800 going tobe in the future" (How much will it be worth?). I have had two of these 'internet tablets' in my closet for years now. I'm moving out so I've decided to sell some of my stuff.-Enter the tablets.- I'm not a very tech savvy girl so I have a few questions that may seem dumb. I don't know if this is the right place to be asking them but, what do I have to loose?
Here goes:
How much should I sell these tablets for now?

Am I better off keeping them because they'll be worth more in the future? Worth something to someone that collects tech stuff, for example.

I've already searched online and I've found websites selling used ones starting at $70.00. Some sell it for like 25 bucks. Some websites sell it new for $100 some for $129.00. I even found one website selling it in the $200.00 range (which I thought was a bit much).
So, with all the varying prices, I thought I'd do more research and came across this website and decided to ask a human being. Sorry to bug.
Thank you for your time

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Honestly the value of them seems to ebb and flow in value with how many are available at that particular moment ....as well I have noticed that whenever someone writes an article lauding the n800 ...EVERYONE has to try to get one then.... the fickle mob eh

My best suggestion would be to wait until there is a real lull in listings on ebay...say a few (3 to 6) months ...and don't bother trying to sell over Christmas or after for a while...Sell them individually and you "may" just luck out...otherwise...25-75 a piece....tops...sans shipping costs will probably be your profit....I personally have enough n800's but I keep a close eye on how much the n770/800/810/900 go for depending on the time of year...available auctions....etc. That would be my best guess.
Way back in the day I knew nothing about the nokia tablets...let alone linux...2007 came ...got one and started lurnin
Tech lifespan-wise that is forever...but that is also based on "disposable" garbage tech in my opinion...the n800 when it came out wasn't cheap....bloody expensive....for now.... most people want exploding graphics and such rather than truly cool ability in a device.
you could do worse than keep them...remote desktop pc manipulation via wifi regardless of distance...stream your pc media...skype gtalk...vid-chat...multiple operating systems...heck ...universal home remote....list goes on....it still is a great device to truly learn on and really do stuff with.

There aren't too many devices historically that the manufacturers allowed and encouraged people to experiment. Mostly devices "seem" really cool nowadays...but the corps. have locked down the devices so you have less options and must use what they provide...and/or there are increasingly obvious private and personal security issues where people don't know if the phone makers aren't spying on their own consumers anymore even...let alone psychos, terrorists, malevolent or benevolent governments. For my own peace of mind I like to have some control over the devices I "own"....however minimal that control may be....

Bonus for you is.... you have a 2nd one as a back-up in case you brick the 1st....playing around with it.

Anyway...want to get rid of them quick..possibly the buy and sell of the forums here may help....good luck whatever you decide.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-11-19 at 09:40.

I've just now read ur reply-thought u hadn't replied because I didn't get any email notifications, sorry. Thank u so much for ur ideas. I kind of wanted to get rid of them quick because I'm moving but u've tempted me with waiting after Christmas...u've also tempted me to actually check the thing out...don't know yet....25-75 a piece.. u mean pounds or dollars? If u meant pounds, then that's about 40-120 dolla a holla ..?? ...I only thought u were talking pounds because of the "bloody" adjective u used...Plz say u were talking pounds! lol...Thanks for ur time. Have a beautiful day!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by LiLo View Post
...I only thought u were talking pounds because of the "bloody" adjective u used...Plz say u were talking pounds!
If I were you I would hope he did not mean Canadian dollars --->
endsormeans
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Supa Natural Vancouver Island
Oh, and if I were you, I would also abandon the silly teen gangsta spelling. It may look cool on some games forum if you are 15 but not here.

I don't exactly know why anyone would try to look cool here or in any online forum...I certainly wasn't trying to. Wasn't trying to have my "spelling" or the way I choose to express myself criticized either. Was simply trying to get informed on the tablet. Just signed up a few days ago to see if I could get my questions answered...that was it. This seemed like a chill place where one can be a bit informal. I don't know of any "teen gangstas" that talk like that. Maybe you do. But, hey, who cares? We are not teens. I talk how I want to talk and write how I want to as long as I'm not disrespecting anyone. But, hey, pardon my jargon. Thank you for your answers man and have a beautiful day.

The Following User Says Thank You to LiLo For This Useful Post:

Tags
diablo, nokia n800