Active Topics

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
Originally Posted by dimkit View Post
i think that it will be much easier to find a way to vote for an application through application manager, most of the users are getting bored to visit http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/
find the application and vote
You can think of it as a crude selection criterion for testers: If you are not able or willing to navigate to the QA site of extras-testing, you probably should not engage in testing anyway - just wait until the app hits extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to dominik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Thread renamed from
When we Expect to have a final & stable rlease of Application which are under ( Extras-Testing & Extras-Devel.) to be uber Extras and to be added in maemo select as well as maemo.org?

Thread also moved to community.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

I too was like you when i first got my n900, but impatience got the better of me but ive not had any problems insyalling from the testing/devel repo's other than using up my rootfs (which seems to be totaly fixed sincr pr1.2) and ive been using them for about 4 months.

My best advice would be to learn to flash your n900 and do regular backups of anything you dont want to loose, that way whatever happens the worst case senario would be a reflash and restore.

You cant do any permanent harm using these repo's other than loosing data, as log as your prepared to reflash you'll be fine, and its something thats well worth learning anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Promotion of apps from -devel to -testing is done when the developer wants to do it, when a dev promotes a package, it is almost immediately available in -testing.
Apps in -testing need to pass the QA testing criteria, 10 votes are needed as well as 10 days in quarintine.
Once the app passes that QA, it goes into Extras.
The same happens for every new app that is developed, and every new version of an app.
Could you perhaps supply a link to the page where the developer gets to promote a package from Extras-devel to Extras-testing?

I have looked for this page for the footify application but no luck. Which page with documentation should I have read?

Originally Posted by anaskr View Post
^^ i guess you just need to wait and appreciate the application if at all you dont wanna test it and help if u find any bug !!

btw i didn like ur question !! how old are you?
Who r u to tell me: i don't like ur Q!!!!
I posted a Q & expect the reply and i dont want ur answers as well.

Thanks to all who clarified my points & changed the topic..
Since i don't have time for always to reflash my N900, i better wait and see.

Originally Posted by Joorin View Post
Could you perhaps supply a link to the page where the developer gets to promote a package from Extras-devel to Extras-testing?

I have looked for this page for the footify application but no luck. Which page with documentation should I have read?
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...otify/0.0.7-1/

That should be the page for footify. Obviously, since I am not the maintainer I can not see if there is a "Promote" button there.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...otify/0.0.7-1/

That should be the page for footify. Obviously, since I am not the maintainer I can not see if there is a "Promote" button there.
Thank you. Then it's the same page that I've been looking at.

And even though I'm logged in and am the maintainer, I get no Promote button.

Bug? Feature?

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Bug. Report through bugzilla.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Unless there are some automated checks involved now that it is failing. Does it meet the criteria for Extras?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Unless there are some automated checks involved now that it is failing. Does it meet the criteria for Extras?
Before I had the bug tracker link in the control file, I got an angry red square telling me that it was missing. I've looked at the Extras page on the wiki and I can't find what I'm missing, if anything.

And this is not to get to Extras, this is to get from Extras-devel to Extras-testing. But perhaps the requirements are the same...