Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I think PR 1.2 is pretty cool guy. Eh disassembles firmware and doesn't afraid of Quim.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Its a perfect dump taken directly from an N900 obviously something to do with China, you lot just will no way have it that it actually WORKS !.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Its a perfect dump taken directly from an N900 obviously something to do with China, you lot just will no way have it that it actually WORKS !.
Well, you got the "dump" part right.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
This community seems to be so self centred to its own cause that it even refuses to see anyone elses points but its own (that means the hard and fast moderators and there friends).
Yeah bro giv'em hell!

Wait a second, you are talking about me and my friends, if you do not stop this I will start crying and my friends don't like me crying.

Originally Posted by techngro View Post
In all of this trolling nonsense, does anyone know whether portrait mode has been enabled for the stock apps yet?
PR1.2 does not come with general portrait mode so doesn't the leaked RC. The browser got it since 1.1.1.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Damage to the battery? Did I see someone list that as a devastating thing that could happen? Wouldn't that be 100% fixed by buying another battery?
The batteries used for mobile devices nowadays have a safety circuit to prevent it to blow from overcharging this neat trick however does not prevent the controler or the other end to blow.

So you may brick it w/o being able to reflash or make use of another battery.

You never know what the test was this build was for! Maybe it was to adjust regulator voltages and you will find yourself with a brick in your pocket in no time. We will see.

If I had a spare device I would try but knowing to much about hardware and software causing hardware to blow I wont.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Could you provide me with a quote from anyone that indicates it doesn't work?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KapCaveman For This Useful Post:
Any jerk can see the origins of this file came from Nokia. do me a favour eh if you lot expect ME to give anything away here then forget it cos i will just give you anything BUT.
Well duh, it's pretty obvious that it originated from Nokia at some point, but this build is over 4 weeks old. No one knows where it's been and it's perfectly reasonable that someone may have slipped in something that wasn't there when it left the care of Nokia.

If you can disassemble to code that means other people can too, it also means they could add something nasty and roll it all back up and release it.

The Following User Says Thank You to SirMuttley For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
What is it with you lot and this Firmware got from a China website, you ALL are trying to tell everyone its got malware but what good would malware do on an N900 ? are your bank details stored on the office prog thats installed itself magically on this firmware, OR are you all simply JELOUS because none or all of you lot on the Meamo community are anywhere capable of writing firmware for the N900 that would even fix USSD.

How do you know? Do you have a N900 with the exact same firmware pre-installed with which you can compare?

What is it with you lot and this Firmware got from a China website, you ALL are trying to tell everyone its got malware but what good would malware do on an N900 ?
No, we're trying to tell people it may have malware. You're the one telling everyone you're 100% certain, because you're so wonderfully amazing, that it doesn't.

And what could malware do? Well it could install a key logger and record you logging into sites. It could phone a premium rate number at 4am every morning for 10 minutes. It could be a spam bot. There are a number of things it could do. And it's perfectly reasonable that people be cautious.

The Following User Says Thank You to SirMuttley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
1. suing part came from one guy who said he will sue nokia if his device gets blocked because installing pirated fw.

2. so where is this free "PR1.2" then? why it can't be found in tablets-dev? why must i download it from murky fileservers and why the link can not be pasted here without moderators removing it immediately?

whoever said that they would sue nokia if their own useage of a pirated/leaked firmware bricked their n900 is an idiot. Thats like you stealing a pack of condoms and then suing Trojan because the stolen condoms broke and you got HIV.....

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality