Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
@rinigus at transifex there is string "Banner photo by %1 (%2 licanse).". I think it should be "Banner photo by %1 (%2 license)."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
@rinigus at transifex there is string "Banner photo by %1 (%2 licanse).". I think it should be "Banner photo by %1 (%2 license)."
that's a typo in the source code, thanks for reporting

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Using Pure Maps 1.26.1 and OSMSS 1.15.5-1.120.1.jolla something strange is happening at the moment:

When searching for adresses in PM (since upgrading to the current versions of PM, OSMSS and maps), I always get the feedback "no results" ("Keine Ergebnisse") (so that I'm not able to calculate any routes), whereas defining the destination via long press on the map and using the navigation on the bottom of the screen the navigation to this point is possible.

When starting OSMSS via terminal ("harbour-osmscout-server") and searching for an adress in PM, OSMSS obviousely gets killed by a segmentation fault ("Speicherzugriffsfehler") without any further information.

Profile in PM is "Offline", in OSMSS "standard" ("Vorgabe"), all other settings should be default. Reboots didn't help.

Any ideas?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
Using Pure Maps 1.26.1 and OSMSS 1.15.5-1.120.1.jolla something strange is happening at the moment:

When searching for adresses in PM (since upgrading to the current versions of PM, OSMSS and maps), I always get the feedback "no results" ("Keine Ergebnisse") (so that I'm not able to calculate any routes), whereas defining the destination via long press on the map and using the navigation on the bottom of the screen the navigation to this point is possible.

When starting OSMSS via terminal ("harbour-osmscout-server") and searching for an adress in PM, OSMSS obviousely gets killed by a segmentation fault ("Speicherzugriffsfehler") without any further information.

Profile in PM is "Offline", in OSMSS "standard" ("Vorgabe"), all other settings should be default. Reboots didn't help.

Any ideas?
Which SFOS version do you have?

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Which SFOS version do you have?
3.1.0.11 (settings -> product information tells "build: 3.1.0.11+omp0.1.3.13"), no patch manager or other patches, device is INOI R7.

Just noticed, there's an update available to 3.2.0.12...

3.2.0.12 (settings -> product information tells "build: 3.1.0.11+omp0.1.3.13"), device is INOI R7.
I am still on SFOS 3.1. maybe there are some changes in libs that lead to it. But then I would expect segmentation fault in OSMSS to occur on start.

If you are up to it, try to run harbour-osmscout-server from debugger and get backtrace. Or, alternatively, try to get strace

I am still on SFOS 3.1.
So am I (had to correct the last post) at the moment...

If you are up to it, try to run harbour-osmscout-server from debugger and get backtrace.
How to do this?

If its on 3.1, it should work. Try to move maps data away or make new folder and see if download of maps data will help

If its on 3.1, it should work.
It is. I'm trying to suppress the wish to update to 3.2, which would be possible since today...

Try to move maps data away or make new folder and see if download of maps data will help
Any other chance to look under the hood without re-downloading all maps (poor connection at the moment)?

I'm trying to debug via IDE (device connected via USB, developer mode activated on device, connection can be established, processes can be selected) but get

"Cannot attach to process [PID]: Operation not permitted (1)
Exiting"

It is. I'm trying to suppress the wish to update to 3.2, which would be possible since today...

Any other chance to look under the hood without re-downloading all maps (poor connection at the moment)?

I'm trying to debug via IDE (device connected via USB, developer mode activated on device, connection can be established, processes can be selected) but get

"Cannot attach to process [PID]: Operation not permitted (1)
Exiting"
You could run OSMSS from gdb. See gdb manuals how. On crash, get backtrace for all the threads (quick search should tell you how).

As for debugging from IDE/... , never used it and cannot help

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles