Active Topics

Notices

Very bad! I just installed Yappari on Wednesday to stay in contact with a very good friend who just moved to a foreign country for a year. I have never been a friend of WhatsApp and never thought I would ever use it. But the usage time has been short, only 1 1/2 days.

Would be great if some software developers could change the protocol and fix Yappari.

Hi! I have downloaded the latest 1.1.55 version but, after installation and after reboot the device, "About" popup window shows still 1.1.54 Build 4842...

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I do rather see a better Tox or Telegram cliënt for Maemo instead of a new whatsapp service cliënt.
That is exactly the point.
FB/WA have achieved a quasi monopol in written (text) communication, like the former national Telecommunications companies in spoken calls. Who cares if M$ changed Skype protocol or google changes talks/hangout? European commission could force WA to open code and API (remember M$) or/and pay a fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadHorseRiding For This Useful Post:
24 hours are over...is it working again?...can't try it at the moment

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Netherlands
Yesterday, january 23 2015, the maemo system on my N900 urged me to upgrade yappari. I saw no problem in that, because the upgrade before that, promising blue ticks, had worked perfectly ...

However, since I upgraded to 1.1.54 , build 4842, I can do nothing with Yappari anymore:

It connects ... then gets disconnected by server ... which repeats several times ... then jumps into the registration process ... which fails to check my +31telephonenumber ... and finally fails to perform the 'Call Me' - request ...

Does anyone recognize this?
Does anyone have a valid code for me?
Why is this happening?

@armando

we all have the same problem, read the posts before

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusuck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rusuck View Post
@armando

we all have the same problem, read the posts before
I'm on N900 right now and was just doing so while you were typing, I guess ... You're right, it was all described ... Might be a good idea to keep up with the old tradition to update the 'first post' in this thread with the actual state of the most current problem, which in this case is the one everybody is talking about (yappari dead) ... That might avoid double entries of the same problem over and over again ...

Hopefully there will be a yappari adaption to the current WA-protocol ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Armando For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi all

I am sorry I've been silent for a while, life happens (my cat got ill , but she's gonna be fine ) and the different time zones may make you think I've disappeared.

Alright, I've updated first post but I'll repeat it here with very few words.

I can't promise anything, but I'm going to try.

I'll be testing yowsup-cli, and if it works, I'll try to use its code to make Yappari work, either by using that code or by porting what is needed.

Any kind of help is well received and appreciated.

Kind regards

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
The most probable solution, as, at this point, most yappari-users have been confronted with the re-registering phenomenon, would lie in adapting the 'handshakes' that yappari sends to the whatsapp-servers during registration and during 'logging in' ...

To realize such would require knowledge of the answers desired by the current whatsapp-protocols ... Maybe somebody knows a way to achieve that information?

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Hi all

blah blah blah...

Kind regards
Already fixed, give me some time to test it and I'll send you the sources
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari