Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by awroax View Post
Any chance of support for Grundig Elegance 70 flat MFW 70-2501/8 TV, none of the the current keysets seem to work. Thanks.
Actually, I have a config file for the Grundig Elegance 82, which may be compatible with the 70. I think the only reason I haven't implemented it yet is that it's using a protocol I've never seen before (and haven't seen any other device using either). I will go ahead and see how much work it will take to implement this protocol, and then get the TV into the keyset list as soon as I can...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Im trying to use pierogi with a small Panasonic stereo SCPM500GNK.
While most basic function are working fine with "Panasonic audio keyset 2" the "change input" button works only to select cd input but it is impossible to select the other inputs and also play button has no effect.
The other audio keyset are even worst or not working at all.

Have you any other audio keyset for Panasonic devices?

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Im trying to use pierogi with a small Panasonic stereo SCPM500GNK.
While most basic function are working fine with "Panasonic audio keyset 2" the "change input" button works only to select cd input but it is impossible to select the other inputs and also play button has no effect.
The other audio keyset are even worst or not working at all.

I haven't really looked at the Panasonic audio keysets in a very long time. It does look like there are at least a few more recent config files available for Panasonic, let me try and add them in (and perhaps see if there are some errors in the existing keysets)...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
is there a guide or something that indicates how to determine the codes? maybe it has been explained before

Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
is there a guide or something that indicates how to determine the codes? maybe it has been explained before
Well, device manufacturers generally don't want to give out the codes. However, it isn't too hard these days to set up a computer with an IR receiver, point a remote control at it, and just press every button and record what code is sent. This is, more or less, how all IR remotes get decoded right now.

I've got one of my own machines set up to do this right now, and have been slowly adding all the codes from my own remote controls to my data set. (I've also been trolling local garage sales for remote controls. People give me some strange looks though, when I tell them "no, all I want is the remote, not the device that goes with it." )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
People give me some strange looks though, when I tell them "no, all I want is the remote, not the device that goes with it." )
I don't see why that should be strange. Losing the original remote and needing a spare is much more common than losing the device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Hey, just as a test, could you (or anyone else out there with a Panasonic stereo) try out "Panasonic DVD Keyset 1" and see if it is compatible? I've pulled down a config file for a Panasonic "SC" class stereo (the SC-BT230), but most of the codes in it are using the device number that I normally see for Panasonic DVD players. It might be that Panasonic is trying to combine devices here. (The config file does still show the power and volume controls using the standard audio device number, so the file might be messed up...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus
nope. Any button of "Panasonic DVD Keyset 1" is not working.

If it could help, my remote is a N2QAYB000640

Last edited by xes; 2016-03-15 at 00:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Ok, it's been a while, but a new Pierogi update is now on its way up to extras-devel. The only new item in this version is the addition of several new Panasonic audio device keysets. Panasonic seems to be another messy device manufacturer; I don't know who puts their remote controls together, but they don't seem to care a lot about backwards-compatibility between their devices. I'm hoping Audio Keyset 5 or 6 will be more compatible with xes' stereo, but no guarantees. I'll keep looking for more Panasonic keysets...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus
thank you for your efforts, after further testing, keyset 5 is a complete no-go and keyset 6 is more or less like keyset 2, many buttons are still not working (play, input select..)
Maybe one day or another i will have some free minute to make an irrecord session ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control