Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
none of them worked on my admiral and philco tvs -.-
Drat. But yeah, codes for those TVs are hard to find.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hycraig View Post
works great thanks again
Right on! I was starting to think that I'd never get any satellite control working correctly.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Thanks! And hey, by the way, if you get the chance, could you do a few tests for me? In particular, make sure the "Mute" button is working correctly, and if you hold down one of the Volume keys, that the volume will increase or decrease for as long as you hold the button. (I.E., I'd like to know if the repeat functionality is working.)

The Philips TV Keyset 2 and Philips DVD Keyset 3 are using the exact same RC6 protocol. If TV Keyset 2 is working fine, that means the problems mr_pingu is having must lie in the key values themselves, not in the protocol...
Both the things you had asked me works fine. Mute buttons works correctly. Holding the colume keys increases/decreases it for as long as I hold the button. Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to shrijith1 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
about the Samsung Air/con, the keys definitely do not do the intended functions. Is there any other Samsung A/C keyset out there? What would I need to decipher the codes myself and send you the keyset? I have a MS ehome (mce) reciever. Can I use it for learning? I think I also have IrDA on an old laptop running debian.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by shrijith1 View Post
Both the things you had asked me works fine. Mute buttons works correctly. Holding the colume keys increases/decreases it for as long as I hold the button.
Thank you! Hmm. I guess that means I need to find a better keyset for the DVDR 7310...

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
about the Samsung Air/con, the keys definitely do not do the intended functions. Is there any other Samsung A/C keyset out there?
That's the only keyset available in the LIRC config files, but I've found one more in the hifi-remotes website. I'll try to decipher that one. (For some reason, that one looks like it has more than two dozen codes; do you know how many buttons there are/were on your A/C's original remote?)

What would I need to decipher the codes myself and send you the keyset? I have a MS ehome (mce) reciever. Can I use it for learning? I think I also have IrDA on an old laptop running debian.
I think yes, on both machines. I know for certain that LIRC folks are using MCE receivers with the LIRC server; that is, in fact, the main purpose of LIRC to begin with, to allow you to interact with a PC with an infrared remote control. I've gotta admit, though, that I don't know enough about it. I've really only played with IR on the N900.

(I really need to start doing this myself, I've still got a few remotes lying around the house here that I'd like to get keysets for...)

Hmm, not sure what "double bursting" means. The IR LED is your basic flashlight -- you can turn it on and turn it off. There are no power settings that I know of. (And the timing of IR codes is fixed -- if you try to run them faster or slower, the target device will simply not understand what you are trying to say...)

Well, LIRC config files are themselves keysets, written down in a format that the LIRC server can understand. That particular keyset is using the standard "NEC" protocol, so it'd be easy to put into Pierogi as well; I'll go ahead and put it on my list.

I'm not much of a UI guy, so I'm not sure what kind of widgets would work for this sort of thing. Pierogi, as it stands right now, is a bit complex for use as a widget, I would think. Still, I've got the IR device code almost completely separate from the GUI code right now, so it'd be easy to make a different front end for the app (or, for that matter, to port it to other hardware). It shouldn't be too hard to morph the program into some other form...

I'm pretty sure that already exists! I think it's called tv-b-gone or something like that...

Thanks for the quick reply!
Perhaps a dedicated section for digital ("DTV") receivers would be helpful. Anyways, i appreciate all your help.

edit: that receiver i mentioned is ATSC for what its worth

Last edited by anyonebutthis; 2012-02-13 at 21:41.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Thank you! Hmm. I guess that means I need to find a better keyset for the DVDR 7310...
Probably, as the second DVD set didn't work at all Don't wanna force you to fix this, give other things of this project more priority...

Originally Posted by anyonebutthis View Post
Perhaps a dedicated section for digital ("DTV") receivers would be helpful.
Actually, I have been (slowly) trying to build up a list of devices alongside the list of keysets, to provide an alternative way to set up the buttons in Pierogi. (That is, in fact, what is behind the currently nearly-useless filter-keyset-by-device option in the keyset selection window; I've got each keyset object registering the names and types of devices that are known to work with that object's codes.)

But it'll be quite a while before that list becomes very useful.

(BTW, I really should ask folks to tell me the make and model of devices that work with Pierogi, so I can register them in the list. Let me go put that on the first post...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Probably, as the second DVD set didn't work at all Don't wanna force you to fix this, give other things of this project more priority...
Well, drat. Yeah, it may take a while to find the right codes.

If you're really interested, the way that the LIRC guys get their codes is by hooking up an IR receiver to a PC and reading them directly off of the remote, button by button. (As qwazix was mentioning earlier.) I don't know enough about it myself, though to say just how much effort that takes...

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control