i have the same problem, and this happen when i restarted my device, then refused to power on. if trying to press power button it just light-up showing NOKIA for few second and get off.
And then I flashed it with both EMMC & OS, and worked fine. Now when i checked the network was not available.
and if i go to setting then "Phone" it pop-up message saying "cellular network not available", and also i can't send any file like; picture etc. via Bluetooth!

Any help will be appreciated.

Originally Posted by cooldin View Post
i have the same problem, and this happen when i restarted my device, then refused to power on. if trying to press power button it just light-up showing NOKIA for few second and get off.
And then I flashed it with both EMMC & OS, and worked fine. Now when i checked the network was not available.
and if i go to setting then "Phone" it pop-up message saying "cellular network not available", and also i can't send any file like; picture etc. via Bluetooth!

Any help will be appreciated.
have you tried flashing it with the latest version?
because if you flash it will a lower version than the previous version the imei will disappear....

The Following User Says Thank You to GSMobserver For This Useful Post:
No, can you advise which version should i go? as i'm not that good in these type of software. also it fails to update on net with the latest update i don't why!
the following are what i flashed with;

RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin
RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

Last edited by cooldin; 2012-01-20 at 10:36.

Finally, i flashed it with latest version and works ok.

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin &
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

appreciated.

Originally Posted by akhif4u View Post
My N900 which i had bought it just 6 months back is not showing the IMEI number and it does not accept any sim cards as well. When I boot my device it shows an error message as "All telephony functions, including emergency calls, are disabled due to a communication error. To recover, you might have to reboot the device." I tried flashing with maemo flasher 3.5 both EMMC and the rootfs. The EMMC flashes with no error but firmware stops at cmt-mcusw. Now I dont know what to do anybody who have experianced this and recoverd or who knows to correct it pls!! pls!! help.

Thanks in advance for repplies.
Just try to flash it with latest version!

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin &
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

i faced the same problem when i flashed with older version; (RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin)

but after flashing with latest above 2010 version it works fine.

just try this and you won't regret...good luck

Last edited by cooldin; 2012-01-21 at 06:02.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
I suppose it's worth mentioning that I've been experiencing a set of problems with my N900 and T-Mobile (though not to the degree mentioned in this post). In my case, my N900 thinks it has no SIM card in it, and will not connect to T-Mobile. After about five minutes it figures out that my SIM card is actually in the device, and connects - after which point there are no issues.

I did a complete reflash (both EMMC and combined image) and the issue persists. When I asked T-Mobile what they could do about the situation, they said they were "Updating the towers" and told me to come back in a few weeks.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 307 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Argentina
Somebody asked me what could be done with a n900 if
shows IMEI: and no number after typing *#06#
When boots it shows this message:

Maemo 5 Version 20.2010.36-2

If the solution is to reflash were I can find the firmware and the flasher?. Can be done in linux? Thanks.

That is a know hardware fault. There are some temporary workarounds but a refresh won't help you. Sorry...

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 307 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
That is a know hardware fault. There are some temporary workarounds but a refresh won't help you. Sorry...
Thank you.
Not so good news, but thanks.
So it will work only as a tiny powerful linux tablet at least, but phone no more, is it?.

As I said before, there are some temporary workarounds. I myself managed to get to one of mine n900 more 6 months or so once with the springs trick. Power search for telephony functions + springs. Good luck!