Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
I have (4) Nokia LD-1W Bluetooth GPS units that I am offering to my fellow 770 owners before I list them on eBay. They are all brand-new in the box and include all accessories (battery, DC charger, carrying case, RS-MMC card and adapter with software). I checked the other day, and this unit still sells for $269 or so on Amazon...it's basically the same unit as the newer LD-3W (and MUCH cheaper), but the LD-1W uses the older charger connector and SIRF II chipset, I believe.

I have one of these, and it works beautifully with gnuite's MaemoMapper nav software. It gets a sat. fix in about 30 seconds or so and has a good signal. It's nice and small, and it black and silver just like the 770 - a perfect match. I believe it also works on PC's and basically any device that has Bluetooth, but don't quote me on that...I have only used it on the 770.

Here are some links for it:

http://www.nokiausa.com/nokia_access...:LD-1W,00.html
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...787927?ie=UTF8

I'll throw in free Priority Mail to anywhere here in the U.S. Anyone outside the U.S., ask me and we'll see what we can work out. You can check my feedback on eBay under my same name as here - I am legit, so no worries on dealing with me. I take PayPal, so that can make things easier, as well.

If interested, PM me here or email me at cking@idworld.net

Thanks!

One GPS sold, three to go...if anyone buys today via verified PayPal, it will ship out today by Priority Mail...

If anyone is interested, let me know via email or PM here on the forums...

Thanks!

<bump> to make sure people see this at the front page

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Boston, Massachusetts
I just bought this GPS module from orbitalcomp...
The price was great, and the shipping was superfast!!

The device itself works great with Maemomapper.

I'm a happy customer

Thanks for the kind words, oafbot...glad to hear you got the GPS set up and working with maemomapper...

C'mon everyone...surely there are more of you out there just dying to turn your 770 into a portable navigation unit. If gnuite were to sell his maemomapper software in a package with a GPS receiver, this would surely be the perfect match for it and the 770...

I use this GPS and I'm happy with it.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by orbitalcomp
Thanks for the kind words, oafbot...glad to hear you got the GPS set up and working with maemomapper...

C'mon everyone...surely there are more of you out there just dying to turn your 770 into a portable navigation unit. If gnuite were to sell his maemomapper software in a package with a GPS receiver, this would surely be the perfect match for it and the 770...
I'd love to, but maemo mapper crashed my tablet and after uninstall it left garbage links behind that I can't delete. I'm not exactly inclined to go through that again, thanks.

Two GPS units left!

One more sold this morning, so I'm down to the last two...

I sure would like to avoid eBay, so someone take these off my hands

Originally Posted by Texrat
I'd love to, but maemo mapper crashed my tablet and after uninstall it left garbage links behind that I can't delete. I'm not exactly inclined to go through that again, thanks.
Hmm, that's odd...I uninstalled mine and reinstalled a while back and everything went fine...the only thing I had to delete manually was the map files on the RS-MMC, but that was not a big deal...

You might try sending a PM to the author of maemomapper (gnuite) and see if he has any suggestions...

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by Texrat
Same thing with me!
Please PM me ill show you how to del the garbage and links.
I dont want to hose this threat.

Thank You.