Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
If I were to hazard a guess at their motivations, I'd suppose that they chose 3 symbols -- and those particular three -- instead of two to ensure that you'd never send the same symbol twice in a row. This might make timing recovery on the receiving end much easier. You get away without a clock on that end.
Interesting! Let me take another look at my info; I'd thought that while you'd never get a 1 or a 0 twice in a row, the "same as previous bit" value would be sent as many times as necessary to get through a sequence of identical bits...

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Interesting! Let me take another look at my info; I'd thought that while you'd never get a 1 or a 0 twice in a row, the "same as previous bit" value would be sent as many times as necessary to get through a sequence of identical bits...
Not necessarily. Substituting x for "same as previous", 11111 can be transcoded as:
  • 1,x,x,x,x
  • 1,x,1,x,1
The same for a line of zeroes of course

Although I personally fail to see a huge benefit in not sending the same sequence twice if the protocol is well designed, I think robthebold has hit the nail on the head.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not necessarily. Substituting x for "same as previous", 11111 can be transcoded as:
  • 1,x,x,x,x
  • 1,x,1,x,1
The same for a line of zeroes of course
Ah, well, the document I'd read (although extremely weak on specifics, sadly) seemed to indicate that the B&O protocol demanded that there never be a consecutive pair of 0s or of 1s. But I don't recall it demanding that there never be a consecutive pair of the third value...

Still, as you say, that would be logical, if there were any value in never seeing consecutive values. (I still don't really understand how beneficial that is; these particular values are "space encoded", meaning that they are sent by turning on the LED for a fixed amount of time, and then turning it off for a variable amount of time. If I recall correctly, a 0 is the shortest off-time, a 1 is the longest off-time, and the third value has a duration between the 0 and 1 times. You can't really get away without having some timing mechanism on either end, I think...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
I have recently misplaced the remote control for a Toshiba 40L1354DB TV. I tried the various Toshiba TV keysets and none of them work. I found that the Anitech TV Keyset 1 does allow channel up/down and volume up/down (but not eg power on/off). Any chance of adding this to Pierogi? TIA.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
I've been using Pierogi ever since I got my N900 about 4 years ago. It's great to have a whole bunch of remotes in my pocket. I was using my HP48G to be my remote control before the N900, alas, I don't have my HP48G anymore....

Recently I've been getting some equipment with missing remotes. Unfortunately I can't seem to find keysets that work completely, so I ended up buying the actual or a work-alike remote.

The questions I have -
1. It looks like all the remotes are hardcoded into the binary, so it's not really possible to move buttons around or to make a keyset that has all the functions of a particular device on the same keyset that's currently on two keysets?

2. I ended up using irrecord on a full Linux box to record remotes that I can't seem to find on Pierogi. Is it possible to get these added? I need to test these lircd.conf files to make sure they work with the device, and I probably should submit them to the lircd project as well...

I just recorded:
Funai VCR (Sylvania?)
Funai DVD player (Symphonic)
Broksonic (CRT) TV

I recently also got a SV2000 DVD recorder/VCR combo. The two Funai remotes above appears to just about be able to control all the functions of the combo - having just one but not the other I'm missing half the features of the SV2000... The irrecord output looks a little weird and not sure if they actually can be combined into one file - which is weird as both remotes can power the device, yet the file looks very different for the representation for the power button... strange.

The Following User Says Thank You to eccerr0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I can't remember if you added Nikon DSLR command already but I came across it in a dutch forum.

Can you do anything with these numbers:

Code:
This is the code for snapping 1 picture on Nikon DSLR.

source:
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum...ssage/51342113

Another source: http://www.sbprojects.com/projects/nikon/
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
I thought I did see the Nikon DSLR remote control already in Pierogi...at least I've used it before to trigger my D5100...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eccerr0r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
You know, back when I was attempting to get the Fujitsu protocol up and running, I _did_ find detailed info for a Mitsubishi AC protocol as well. Let me put these two ACs back onto the top of my list, now that I have a running N900 again (finally got another battery!). No promises as to how quickly I'll get it done though, as AC controls are pretty much the hardest for me to encode right now...
Has anything happened on the Mitsubishi AC front? Also, is the command line idea getting anywhere?

Last edited by chill; 2017-08-22 at 09:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
hi. can anyone suggest a keyset i can use for an Acoustic Solutions DS533 home cinema surround system. thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
hi. can anyone suggest a keyset i can use for an Acoustic Solutions DS533 home cinema surround system. thanks!
The company have links with Goodmans so maybe start there?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control