Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
This is super awesome, I'm so happy to have an alternative to the stock camera app. I love how it has its own little Gallery.
Three things I noticed:
- To choose the resolution in the settings screen, tapping the glowing dot does not work for me, I need to hit the text.
It took me a while to find that out because throughout the OS, I'm used to tapping the dot (though the text works too everywhere else), so at first I thought it was broken.
- In the viewfinder, tapping the '"6M" icon just moves the touch focus to that area of the image, instead allowing to choose a resolution. That is incosistent with the other buttons' behavior.
- auto focus is "jumpy". I tried to take a pic of a book indoors with daylight, and the focus box kept jittering around in the center part of the image.. the picture is fine though.

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
take a look at this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89278

I don't know about MSameer's exact plans concerning the UI of the sailfish build but I guess he will keep it pretty consistent with the harmattan build

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
This is super awesome, I'm so happy to have an alternative to the stock camera app. I love how it has its own little Gallery.
Three things I noticed:
- To choose the resolution in the settings screen, tapping the glowing dot does not work for me, I need to hit the text.
It took me a while to find that out because throughout the OS, I'm used to tapping the dot (though the text works too everywhere else), so at first I thought it was broken.
- In the viewfinder, tapping the '"6M" icon just moves the touch focus to that area of the image, instead allowing to choose a resolution. That is incosistent with the other buttons' behavior.
- auto focus is "jumpy". I tried to take a pic of a book indoors with daylight, and the focus box kept jittering around in the center part of the image.. the picture is fine though.
I will see what the issue with the text and dot is and try to fix it. Thanks for reporting

The resolution label will change the position in the upcoming release. No worries

I don't understand what the issue with auto focus is? It's expected to "blink" until it gets focus and then it turns blue upon success or red upon failure.

The SailfishOS UI will be identical to the Harmattan one. I am not going to make 2 separate UIs in order to simplify the maintenance.

I have already a bunch of fixes but I am waiting for Mer OBS to come back online so I can push out a new release. Let's hope it happens soon

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
I have just uploaded 0.0.24 to Openrepos with the following changelog:
- GPS and face detection are the only visible indicators
- Move the resolution label back beside the indicators.
- Added left handed mode
- Take into account sensor orientation when rendering the viewfinder
- Make sure we render the viewfinder correctly while zooming
- Set proper exif orientation data to captured images
- Fixed tapping the glowing dot in the resolutions settings page not switching the resolution

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
anyone would like to make a better icon?

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:

?

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-06-09 at 10:59.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I don't understand what the issue with auto focus is? It's expected to "blink" until it gets focus and then it turns blue upon success or red upon failure.
Actually, I haven't seen it turn either blue nor red, it always remains white? Anyway this jittering thing happened only for this one subject with the book, where the focus box starts dancing around.
Maybe this is actually the problem of the face recognition not working, and it thinks the objects on the book cover are faces.
I'm attaching the picture, hope this works.

Btw latest fixes work great!
One more question: why is there no 8Mpx mode?
Attached Images

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2014-06-08 at 21:55.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
share the png or svg?

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
share the png or svg?
magnify -> right click -> save image as?

you probable need to resize it though...

Here's another idea for the flat Sailfish OS icon theme which I created when cameraplus came up. This is just a first sketch/idea since I haven't have time to work on it. So it needs some fine tuning

If there's interest in such an icon (especially from the developer himself), please show and feel free to bring in your ideas. Of course every element/colour can be changed.
Attached Images

Last edited by caprico; 2014-06-09 at 09:37.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post: