Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Well, since you're taking requests, is there a chance to get Grundig and Blaupunkt working as well?
Grundig looks good -- lots of support in the LIRC database. I'll put it on the list. Blaupunkt, though, may be a problem; there's only one config file, and just has raw codes. I may not be able to do much with that one...

BTW, you (and iconcelmare) have been using the extras-devel Pierogi for a few weeks? Wow, thank you for your interest, and for dealing with all the installation problems I was having!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
I've tried this for a couple of weeks and it works quite well with
the tv's i've tested it on.
Great, good to hear!

I think it would be great if Mute was in the mainscreen.
Ah, I originally planned to have it there as well (along with a few of my other favorite buttons). But, after playing around with the design for a while, I ended up trying to put the absolute bare minimum set of controls onto the main tab. Many of the buttons on the "utility" tab were originally going to be on the first page...

But if there's enough interest, I can certainly change some stuff around.

Request
Panasonic TV TX-32LED7F, remote EUR7651110
I've got a pretty good set of Panasonic keysets in Pierogi right now, although I just recently revamped the IR protocol I'm using for Panasonic, so they may not work quite right. If none of the existing keysets are working for you, let me know...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
yes, put mute on main screen. there is his place.

i like the design ideea, with categories.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Would this work with laptop remotes?
Reason: http://osxdaily.com/2011/01/18/apple...he-mac-remote/ and the aiming part suggests IR, not BT, so design students with a bit awkward taste for phones might have a jolly good time
Yes, I've been using Pierogi extensively with my Mac Minis, and yes, I really need to add pairing support (if I can ever find the codes for it). Without pairing, two or more of the same device in the same room presents a challenge for IR control. I've got pairing support now for MCE remotes and I think for a few others, but I still have a lot more work to do on that front.

But yeah, most IR control systems are very simple, and break down quickly once you throw a little complexity at them. (And yes, I have had fun taking control of other people's Macs lately...)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
yes, put mute on main screen. there is his place.
Alright, let me give it a shot, I'll see what I can come up with...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Houston, Texas
Wooo, finally I get to put my IR port to use. I've used every feature except for this one.

I was also disappointed with the previous IR offerings, but this is working great so far!! I'll have to test it more when I get home.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Grundig looks good -- lots of support in the LIRC database. I'll put it on the list. Blaupunkt, though, may be a problem; there's only one config file, and just has raw codes. I may not be able to do much with that one...
Nice! Thank you, Copernicus.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
BTW, you (and iconcelmare) have been using the extras-devel Pierogi for a few weeks? Wow, thank you for your interest, and for dealing with all the installation problems I was having!
Wow, no need for thanks dude. Thank you for creating a great and highly useful app! I downloaded the first version,but it didn't have the codes for phillips tvs yet, which I need for my main tv. So I started using pierogi a few days later when it got an update that introduced phillips tvs. Worked like a charm, though!

And I honestly don't remember having any problems installing. Updates have also been installed without issues as far as I can recall.

Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
And I honestly don't remember having any problems installing. Updates have also been installed without issues as far as I can recall.
Ah, very good then! There are some other folks who were not so lucky. I had an issue where a file was not being installed/uninstalled properly, which would cause Pierogi to start spitting out unreadable error messages... Thankfully, that should all be in the past now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
BTW, on Admiral -- the config file I've got is using the Sharp IR protocol, and even seems to be using the same codes. (Maybe Admiral and Sharp devices are coming from the same source?) Anyway, you might try using some Sharp keysets to control Admiral TVs...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-02-10 at 21:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin
Copernicus, I thank you very much for your nice and usefull app.

I have posted an article to Pierogi on opensmartpad.org

The Following User Says Thank You to Tumleh For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control