Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
And now, after upgrading qt-components-hildon to latest 0.19.0, I experience the same error with your new package qmledit!??
Code:
~ $ /opt/qt-components-hildon-viewer/bin/viewer /opt/qmledit/qml/MainWindow.qml
QDeclarativeComponent: Component is not ready
"file:///opt/qmledit/qml/MainWindow.qml:220:5: Unable to create type SettingsDialog" 
"file:///opt/qmledit/qml/SettingsDialog.qml:251:5: Unable to create type ListPickSelector" 
"file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/ListPickSelector.qml:103:5: Cannot assign to non-existent property "onCurrentIndexChanged"" 
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
The 'currentIndex' property was previously named 'selectedIndex' in earlier versions, so it could be that the old QML file was not replaced on installation. You could try checking the property declarations in the ListPickSelector.qml file to see if that is the problem.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hmm, do not that much about qml...

But I found only that in ListPickSelector:
/*!
type:int
\brief The current chosen index in the view.
*/
property alias currentIndex: view.currentIndex
and that
onStatusChanged: if (status == DialogStatus.Open) view.positionViewAtIndex(currentIndex, ListView.Center);
onCurrentIndexChanged: if (view.currentItem) currentValueText = view.currentItem.text;
onSelected: accept()
File info:
~# lea /opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/ListPickSelector.qml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3190 Sat Sep 26 05:06:17 2015 /opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/ListPickSelector.qml

--
possibly not so important and obvious but: I am completely on extras-devel with all packages

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Hmm, do not that much about qml...

But I found only that in ListPickSelector:

and that

File info:
~# lea /opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/ListPickSelector.qml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3190 Sat Sep 26 05:06:17 2015 /opt/lib/qt4/imports/org/hildon/components/ListPickSelector.qml

--
possibly not so important and obvious but: I am completely on extras-devel with all packages
The packages are only in -devel, anyway, so that doesn't matter. Most of the code is only tested against Qt 4.7.4 using CSSU-Testing. If you are using stock PR 1.3, there could be a problem with the onChanged handler for alias properties in Qt 4.7.0. Alternatively, I think some earlier version had a bug in ListPickSelector where I forgot to change the 'selectedIndex' property name, resulting in the error that you see. It could be that the QML component cache has not been cleared since you loaded the faulty component, so the new code has not been loaded. I'm not sure if the component cache is shared between applications. In case it is, make sure you close all applications that use QML.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Most of the code is only tested against Qt 4.7.4 using CSSU-Testing. If you are using stock PR 1.3, there could be a problem with the onChanged handler for alias properties in Qt 4.7.0...
I think that it is. (one of the last pr1.3 dinosaurs , did not bother to update and loose all my modifications, waiting for Neo...)
Do you have an idea how to work around? TIA

as I am using latest (devel) version I should not have any bugs of older versions.
cache should not be the problem as device was rebooted a few times.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Sorry for the OT, but still.

I think that it is. (one of the last pr1.3 dinosaurs , did not bother to update and loose all my modifications, waiting for Neo...)
Hmm? Could you elaborate on the "modifications you're going to loose"? You may answer on cssu-<testing|thumb> thread, to not pollute the current one.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon
lots of small little tweaks here and there I almost forgot about
just afraid to set them up again, ofc everything will be possible.
will try to remember and answer in other thread...

@marxian
I absolutely support the CSSU way and if there is no solution or it would mean overhead work just forget it

@marxian

are you aware that with the last version (0.23.1) of qt-hildon-components qml-browser becomes unusable since the toolbar is not working and missing?

Last edited by xes; 2016-03-14 at 01:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
@marxian
And I want to inform you that with latest qt-hildon-components (which I got aware of just now) qmlbrowser as well as qmledit do start/work again for non-CSSU devices.

--edit
With working I meant,
for QMLbrowser: that it starts but as xes saif it is totally unusable due to the toolbar not responding at all. Furthermore the check boxes insife settings are not clickable/changeable.
for QMLedit: it starts and works, only the check boxes in settings do not work.

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2016-03-31 at 18:32. Reason: details

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
@marxian
since i think that your qml-browser is good application i have to ask again for a fix to adapt to last qt-hildoncomponents...

Would you mind to give it a look?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Same here....N900 is more and more a userunfriendly piece of crap.

Yappari is dead, Telegram is defect and still no developer added the existing fix), now the qml-browser is defect, too......(since I needed a backup yesterday, now the adressbar is missing)

PLS PLS PLS DO SMETHING!!!! N900 is getting unusable more and more

Is there any other modern (!) Browser?

There are more and more webpages that are completely unusable with the standard one, even Opera seems to be from the last century.

Tags
browser, components, hildon, maemo 5, web browser