Active Topics

Poll: Does your N900 have GPS problems?
Poll Options
Does your N900 have GPS problems?

Originally Posted by sogoodbye View Post
izit..i try to uninstall it after u say...
but it will uninstall the ssu oso..
i can confirm that today without that program and agps set on google server gps locks in no time.

i will leave it for the weekend and then try to reinstall cssu and see how it goes.

The Following User Says Thank You to satello For This Useful Post:
yes and no, yes with my first N900, because it have an old version (RX-51 2.2009.51-1), and no with the second one it work great.
So if you have a problem with your GPS upgrade your N900 or install gpsjinni to see if it can show the satellite available

P.S I know.. why don't i listen my own advice, it's because i don't need the GPS. (And i Know it will work with one of the solution) Problem solved

E.D.I.T It worked, i install gpsjinni and my N900 finally foud me on the map.

Last edited by MadVakov; 2011-11-23 at 04:41.

Originally Posted by satello View Post
i can confirm that today without that program and agps set on google server gps locks in no time.

i will leave it for the weekend and then try to reinstall cssu and see how it goes.
Works like a charm. Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Do You have the latest CSSU installed?
if yes, change AGPS setting from supl.nokia.com to supl.google.com
Good stuff.

I noticed my GPS was hanging some time after taking the Maemo 5 Security Update, and this fix got it working again. Can't be sure it was the Maemo update though.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Well, one night I installed the security update, and the morning after I couldn't get a fix on gps. Before, it was all fine. Besides the update I changed nothing, so can't think of another reason..

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by bolderz View Post
Good stuff.

I noticed my GPS was hanging some time after taking the Maemo 5 Security Update, and this fix got it working again. Can't be sure it was the Maemo update though.
Same story here, was taking forever to get a lock, if it managed it at all. Only started happening after the Security Update.

Thx Alfred et al!!! Swapping the server location to supl.google.com in the Location settings worked a charm.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Another victim from the Maemo 5 Security Update, it breaks more than fixes (what does that fix btw? who would try to hack a phone that barely some hardcore people are using)

It could barely get a lock after minutes (probably gave up the a-gps and got the location calculated by itself, like if I had disabled the data network)

Finally I changed it to use supl.google.com and get location locked in seconds.

BTW, I'm on T-Mobile US if that matters (never have a problem before the update)

Last edited by mcdull; 2011-12-10 at 02:32.

Originally Posted by satello View Post

What do you uninstall actually?

I've tried with the supl.google.com but no fix at all...

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
I tried supl.google.com and it fixed my phone just fine. I didn't tie in the security update until I read this thread just now, but was about that time frame.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
This has zero relation to maemo-sec update guys. Rather, supl.nokia.com is not working correctly. That's why fixes using supl.google.com work.
This has been going on for a long time, before maemo-sec update. You can see that from the irc logs