Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
As a little thank you for this awesome community you all get a chance to win games from GoG.com.
DRM free as they come

Rules are simple:
  • As I want to reward participating in the community, answer here and include a link to where you have contributed.
    This can be an app for maemo, meego or sailfish, you gifting away a device, a tutorial, an in depth explanation or something similar. I will decide what counts (most things will do, but there has to be a little effort behind it)
  • Winners will be drawn at random somewhere between December 29th and 31th so you have some time left to enjoy the games during the holidays
  • Only 1 game per person can be won, you can name up to two for which you will enter the raffle.
    I will make the price draw for games I deem special first, so you have a higher chance on them then.
  • Two games marked special are for special contributions.
  • Games marked anyone are for everyone, no link required

Games:
  • The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
    This is no longer purchasable on GoG, you wont get it anywhere else DRM free but here!
    This is the second game in the series not as awesome as the first, but still quite good.
    I am sure the first game, which is incredible, will find a way to you.
    Vin Diesel voiced Riddick and had a say in development.
    It felt more like an Riddick movie than a game, I rate it awesome.
    Edit: Actually the first game is included with the second part!
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales
  • Myst Masterpiece Edition
  • Thief™ Gold
  • Magrunner: Dark Pulse
    Heavy puzzle game, I am still stuck midway
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete
    special
    This is one of my favorites if not my most favored game. Epic role playing stories
    and a nice engine which allows to follow many different tactics.
    Best of all: the mods, oh so many mods!
    They range from further great RPG stories over psychedelic adventures to a recreation of the original ZORK
  • Hacknet Complete Edition special
    An awesome hacker game. Here you have to make your claim till december 27th. (Because I want to buy another giftable copy within GoGs holdiay discounts if I give away this one)
  • Inquisitor anyone
  • Fragile Allegiance anyone

Should a code be expired you get game of your choice for up to $5. Waiting for next sale allowed.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Macros; 2017-12-31 at 14:10. Reason: Noticed the first (awesome) Riddick game is included with the second one

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
So... not many gamers here it seems
Even though I took care to include a variety of genres.

In this case I will leave the raffle open till the 31st midnight CET. Afterwards every game which is still available (I will remove some) can be claimed at any time. Just ask under the rules given above.

Also remember: Its a gift! You are fully allowed to hand it over to your child, nephew or whomever you want.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I appreciate your nice-sounding offer but I have to admit your posting contains a lot of terms I have no idea what they mean...

A non-gamer like me does not understand at all what you are talking about!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
In this case, ask away!

To be honest, I have read twice trough my post and it seems I am so used to the words, I can not even guess which words you refer to.

Games can be wonderful.

Image a movie which is incredibly immersive, where you really fear for the protagonist,
because you know, not being aware will lead to his demise (Riddik)
or where you can decide what the protagonist does and the World will change accordingly
(Good role playing games, like Neverwinter Nights 2, Baldurs Gate 2 and the Witcher)

Imagine learning about Egyptian mythology and history, not by reading several books,
but by experiencing the story trough through a family over the centuries.
Starting out by leading a small town of a few cottages, and working your way up trough the generations
tall the way o being a mighty Pharaoh who undertakes the monumental task of building a pyramid.
(Pharaoh by Sierra)

My girlfriend would be equally passionate over Myst, a puzzle game where you have to piece together clues to progress with the story.

Nearly all of the games I offer the community here are games I played myself and can recommend.
Never tried Inquisitor and Fraqile Alliance
Although not every game is for everyone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
As a little thank you for this awesome community you all get a chance to win games from GoG.com.
DRM free as they come

Rules are simple:[LIST][*]As I want to reward participating in the community, answer here and include a link to where you have contributed.
This can be an app for maemo, meego or sailfish, you gifting away a device, a tutorial
Hmm that The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
seems interesting.

I participate with this little tutorial:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...50#post1539750

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hi,
I don't really know what to choose I mostly prefer game which require thinking... strategic, logical. A good multiplayer is appreciated too!
So I'll ask you to simply recommend something for me.
My main contributions:
* MeeCoLay: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84482
* UserAgentTool: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86714:
* MaeLyrica: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85707
* PowEdit: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86633
and everything listed here: http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ne/005455.html

I was mostly active around 2012. Later on I got absorbed by other duties and I had to give up my N900 in 2016.

I tried porting SailfishOS onto OnePlus 3 but failed. Still, a pull request for fixup-mountpoints was accepted into the upstream repos.
I hope to completely switch to SFOS in the following months and contribute to shmoose - I want to have a full-featured XMPP client on my device.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: