Active Topics

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Proabably a WP7 device... when I have enough money to buy one

Well since there isn't really any hard data on the N9 yet, I'm still waiting.

In the meantime, I have been quite intrigued by the Motorola Atrix (and related netbook)... also I'd like to see what HP/Palm does with webOS devices, if they make phone that can compete with the latest and greatest smartphones, I will seriously consider it.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
no need for apple or google. have one android device (7"tablet). it's nice, but android is IMHO overhyped. I'm waiting for n9+.

a motorola device seems the way forward but I don't intend on replacing my current N900 for at least a good year

Android phone + ipod 5

How can one decide now, If we know afaik more or less nothing specific about the N9? Apple stuff however is out of question. Android? I don't know, its something I have to jailbreak and the apps are usually programmed in Java. This is nothing for me.
My N900 is just a month old and I want to keep it for some years, so my next smartphone wouldn't be the N9 anyway. A new smartphone should be at least that free as the N900 too.
I couldn't really test the handset edition of meego on my slow sd card, but if it isn't crap, I will probably install it on the internal emmc with or without Nokia support.

Last edited by NIN101; 2011-01-27 at 19:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NIN101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
It's hard for me to imagine downgrading to Android or iOS from Maemo or MeeGo. So I'll continue to use my N900 and wait for something else running MeeGo.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by lanwellon View Post
Based on the info now,
For your next mobile phone,
will you choose N9, or switch to an Android phone with Tegra 2 ?
Or switch to other phone, like iPhone 4 ?

I had used N900 for 9 months and now I want to switch to htc desire hd. I want to know your ideas.
My previous phone was a 1st-gen iPhone, which I used for about 4 years (and, other than a slowly dying battery, it still works perfectly fine). Given that the battery in the n900 can be replaced, I hope to be able to use it even longer. So, I expect my next mobile phone to be a top-of-the-line model some time around the year 2016.

Does everyone here replace their phones every single year?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Does everyone here replace their phones every single year?
I suspect a large number of people here buy things for "the shiny" and move on when bored. I'll be around a while longer until there's an actual replacement for the N900, or until the mobile space goes totally anti-user, DRM-coated and closed and my N900 breaks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
switching to desire hd is stupid imo. why? Because I think specwise you go back in the past. 2011 is dualcore year imo.

I buy the device that knocks me off my sox. Last was atrix 4g
Expecting a lot from htc, lg, samsung and iPhone.
iPhone is supported massively. Thats a plus. So IF it's got an ARM a9 a-like, 1gb ram, 64gb storage, 4" screen, fullhd record and play... why not?

Last edited by Kenny1001; 2011-01-27 at 16:29.

Tags
die android die, nokia blows