Has any one found a way to sort this out, I can connect to the wep encrypted router i chose and my mobile(cell) phone that i chose in the setup wizard after reflash to last update!
Every other wifi hotspot open or not gives me the same connected message link local ..... red Q. mark on the world browser icon.
I am thinking that everytime i,m having a cofee i'm going to have to go through the install connections and choose this as my first every time i want to connect to an open wifi ! wtf is going on here?
Another idea i had "not tried yet" something like wifi-info scans and tells you the ip all the needed details, would running this wifi-info app getting the details and changing the settings of this linklocal nonsense i keep getting in open hotspots?

Anyone have an idea . a fix , or is it something we gotta live with?

Yes, this happens to me also. I'm lucky, I can connect ok at home and work, but when I'm on the road more often than not I get the link local message and red question mark. These are at open hotspots with a strong signal where I have had no trouble connecting with my laptop.

I've also gone through the issue of losing bluetooth and having to restore my settings to get it back.

This stuff seriously detracts from the N800's promise of universal access.

The N800 is --so close-- to being the perfect handheld. If only. . . .

Bob