Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
TA, what does it mean when you enter "sudo gainroot" and you receive the following error:

cal_read block(r&d_mode): size zero, block not found?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
this means R&D mode was never set for this device so its value is not found in config partition, harmless error, normal for new device

I don't know. It's a message from /usr/lib/libcal.so*, which is presumably used by cal-tool. I haven't seen it happen.

EDIT: fanoush posted the explanation while I was still typing the above)

(As for root mode -- these days I actually prefer to just log in as root through ssh (root pw changed of course) from my desktop computer, if I'm near it).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Cool, thanks guys.

back to moving my files again, lastweelk i moved somr from my memory card to somewhere usr/bin or something, anyway lastweek i typed find in xterm and it listed all the paths so i knew where to move it from,, i cant find the path for the memory card now it was something like media/mmc1/ ??? does anyone know how i can find it ?

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Make sure your mmc is detected and mounted.

/media/mmc1

i.m guessing since ive flashed to latest 06 since i last used mv files from the mmc. therefore needs to be checked.

Last edited by stuH; 2007-03-05 at 20:24.

stuH: The 'df' (or df -h) command is useful to see your filesystems, including the card.

(I updated my previous posting of "useful commands" with this one added to the list)

cheers for all the advise guys, i know that its all good 100% howto stuff so when it still didn't work i completely wiped my 770 no backup, reflashed to latest again and at least in xterm it responding to commands. now what having no backup restore means to me is not really a problem yet, i'm still learning how to use linux so if i made a mistake i also learned sumthin new! ha ha ! just thot i'd let you guys know i seem to be running a 770 in working order, just one thing different, i had xterm advanced when it wouldn't do jack? now i'm back to good old xterm ? maybe nothin ! i dont know!