That sound when your WiFi-connection gets disconnected. That sound when Gtalk disconnects is sooo depressing. As if a disaster happens: " You are not online, muhaha, you can't use the IT for surfing!".

Oh well... i think i'm getting paranoid of waiting for the firmware update.

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
it almost NEVER happens with my IT . i have Netgear adsl 54/108 Mbits at home.

but i m also expecting the u/d!

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Hahaha. I have to agree - it is a sad thing.
It's okay... my doctor gave me happy pills. Want some?

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
I love when I leave the house and half way down the street I get 'the noise'. It makes me laugh at my wifi range...

Originally Posted by peterjb31 View Post
I love when I leave the house and half way down the street I get 'the noise'. It makes me laugh at my wifi range...
maybe some day you could walk for miles without this sound on ''your precious''*

* i don't use the word tablet anymore but '''my preeeeeecious''. it s much more accurate.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Oh, what a nice thread title. Now what makes me depressive? My weight. My job. My apartment. Various health issues that come with age.

Anyone who can help me with these things?

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Oh, what a nice thread title. Now what makes me depressive? My weight. My job. My apartment. Various health issues that come with age.

Anyone who can help me with these things?
There s a rather high probability you were born in 1967 no?

your weight: that s simple, walk fast (don't run, it s killing your joints and back ) 45 mn (under 30 mn does not produce any result) 3 times a week during 2 years (no less). You will change your metabolism rate for good.

Drop (all kinds) of sugar. for ever. That s a documented poison (affecting the external layer of nerves, and signalling to your enzymes to store food into fat). Drink red wine, olive oil, and eat 3 times a day only.

your health will improve
you ll be able to see clearer and make the right job decisions
most probably you ll be able to find a solution to your appartment.

Voila. COnsider it the firmware upgrade of your life ;-)

S ... born in 1967, summer of love ...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Seb Per View Post
There s a rather high probability you were born in 1967 no?
My dear, how could you know? /me is impressed

your weight: that s simple, walk fast (don't run, it s killing your joints and back ) 45 mn (under 30 mn does not produce any result) 3 times a week during 2 years (no less). You will change your metabolism rate for good.

Drop (all kinds) of sugar. for ever. That s a documented poison (affecting the external layer of nerves, and signalling to your enzymes to store food into fat). Drink red wine, olive oil, and eat 3 times a day only.
Actually, I was on my way doing this about 2 or 3 years ago: Walked home from work as often as I could (takes me 90 minutes or so), avoided sugar whenever I could (which means that I reduced it by 50% or so, I guess I could never live completely without chocolate), always had apples at home and really got into eating salad instead of pizza... It felt great; And, yes, I lost some 10kg or so in this period.

Don't know why it stopped and why I never got myself to doing it again. Each time I try I end up calling the pizza service after three days...

Voila. COnsider it the firmware upgrade of your life ;-)
Are you sure I'm still officially supported?

S ... born in 1967, summer of love ...
My dear... you're old!

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
My dear, how could you know? /me is impressed

Actually, I was on my way doing this about 2 or 3 years ago: Walked home from work as often as I could (takes me 90 minutes or so), avoided sugar whenever I could (which means that I reduced it by 50% or so, I guess I could never live completely without chocolate), always had apples at home and really got into eating salad instead of pizza... It felt great; And, yes, I lost some 10kg or so in this period.

Don't know why it stopped and why I never got myself to doing it again. Each time I try I end up calling the pizza service after three days...

Are you sure I'm still officially supported?

My dear... you're old!
1967 : I dunno, just a blind guess hahaha

Stopped : It s because as long as your metabolism rate has not changed, you will feel addiction. Eating is one of the highest engines of our satisfaction oriented machine. It was designed (by Darwinian selection) at ages when one could easily starve to death.

Official support:
that s a good question. Let me check,... yes, you have a lifetime update warranty. That s what so special and beautiful about us humans.

Me not old, me very young!
I d like to see one day when civilizations decide to erase birthdates from all the citizens records. This way, we would only have the age we feel! Wouldn't that be great?

Last edited by Seb Per; 2007-07-01 at 11:02.

it almost NEVER happens with my IT . i have Netgear adsl 54/108 Mbits at home.

but i m also expecting the u/d!
Then you are one lucky bastard! It happens to me too often! That's why my state of mind changed for good :P I hear that sound too much.