Notices

hi everyone .. my problem is about downloading apps and games from the internet ...
i can download everything normally from the Ovi store apps size 10 Mb 15 Mb and much more and nothing wrong happen ..

but when i try to download apps and games from another site other than Ovi like maemo.org it stops suddenly and write in a yellow flash ( unable to download this file - installation file corrupted)

you can see this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_Pi2QxQN4

I hope someone can find a Solution for my problem and thanks all.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Could be the file is for PR1.2, or either the file is not optified to be used in N900 yet. You can install the file by Xterminal though.

root
dpkg -i path/to/filename.deb

Save the file onto the memory card or eMMC or something.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
hmm.. thats weird...

What version do you have on your phone at the moment?

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
maikk21, you're not doing yourself any favours by creating multiple threads about the same problem. You're not helping by giving inaccurate information either as the application aMSN is not in Maemo.org but at amsn-project.net.

You need to take a look at the applications you've installed recently, particularly those from the "unsafe" repositories. Uninstall the more recent ones and then disable any non-standard repositories and see if that helps, but I suspect you are going to have to reflash the device (as has already been suggested to you in one of your other threads).

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hellnick View Post
maikk21, you're not doing yourself any favours by creating multiple threads about the same problem. You're not helping by giving inaccurate information either as the application aMSN is not in Maemo.org but at amsn-project.net.

You need to take a look at the applications you've installed recently, particularly those from the "unsafe" repositories. Uninstall the more recent ones and then disable any non-standard repositories and see if that helps, but I suspect you are going to have to reflash the device (as has already been suggested to you in one of your other threads).
sorry because im creating a muktiple threads for the same problem but im just doing that to see if anyone have this problem on his devise or he have a solution for it.

and about the apps that im downloading most of them are in the application manager inside my N900 & some of them are from the maemo.org i want to explain for u something when im downloading from the ovi store i can download anything i want normally and without any problems but when it come to the application provided by the third party i can download small files sizes from 200 kB to 900 kB but when i want to download for example"pidgin protocol plugin for conversation and contacts" and its size is 2.4 MB it start downloading and when it reach 50% from the download it stops and write unable to download installation file corrupted and i think the problem is about the third party application because ovi store never corrupt a download but when it come to the third party app it never make it.

i hope i explained the problem well for u.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
hmm.. thats weird...

What version do you have on your phone at the moment?

i have the version 3.2010.02-8.003

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Could be the file is for PR1.2, or either the file is not optified to be used in N900 yet. You can install the file by Xterminal though.

root
dpkg -i path/to/filename.deb

Save the file onto the memory card or eMMC or something.
i've as u told me i write dpkg -i path/to/aMSN.deb

dpkg -i path/to/wifieye.deb

and it didn't respond and write back:
(requested operation requires superuser privilege)

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by maikk21 View Post
(requested operation requires superuser privilege)
http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access

please people just try to help me i swear i will go crazy i just wanna fix this stupid problem plz provide me some help

wifi or 3g ? im not sure, but does it have something to do with proxy settings for your connection ?