Some thinking from me: im playing wit my pc's soundcard and see that i can use my mic-in as center speaker out, and some other connectors with the same adjustable out or input.

So i tought; my realy expensive headset is compatible with the apple crap so no with my n900! Isn't there a way to switch mic and speaker inside the jack in the n900 just with a software change?

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by Warhamstr View Post
Some thinking from me: im playing wit my pc's soundcard and see that i can use my mic-in as center speaker out, and some other connectors with the same adjustable out or input.

So i tought; my realy expensive headset is compatible with the apple crap so no with my n900! Isn't there a way to switch mic and speaker inside the jack in the n900 just with a software change?
I highly highly doubt it, ground will probably be soldered directly to ground as it would make no sense passing that part through a whole circuit just to get back to ground.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

hey guys, i didn't know where else to post this... but i cant use the wh-205 with my macbook pro....for example when im watchin tv shows on hulu i have to press the button on the wh-205 to hear the sound....any suggestions?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by akash.oq View Post
hey guys, i didn't know where else to post this... but i cant use the wh-205 with my macbook pro....for example when im watchin tv shows on hulu i have to press the button on the wh-205 to hear the sound....any suggestions?
Yeah, read the second post in this thread.

It's really unfortunate that most decent after market headphones are now iPhone compatible rather than Nokia compatible - suspect Nokia need to get in line with Apple, as much as that may suck. Or bundle an Apple compliant adapter with every Nokia device, something like this (although designed to convert the Apple 3.5mm socket into a "Universal" [ie. Nokia] socket - most likely by swapping pins 3 and 4 - it should automatically work the other way when connected into a Universal socket by again swapping pins 3 and 4, right?).

Was thinking of getting an Ultimate Ears + Mic headset, but since they're iPhone compatible it would be a waste of time using them with an N900 (or any Nokia for that matter). Total nonsense.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2010-04-03 at 23:52.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ massachusetts
I have the same problem with my N900... i didn't drop it or anything of sorts... i just tried to use the head phones and nothing... it happened to me already so i sent my N900 back for a replacement and i was happy. but then several weeks later bammm same dam thing... what the H E double hockey stick.now i am trying to see if i can get yet another replacement and if i don't i will have to buy an HTC HD 2. don't let me down nokia. it has to be a hardware issue maybe a switch inside the jack.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ massachusetts
or maybe a N98... mmmmm

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berkeley, CA
so what happened to this thread? no posts for three months!

I just started having the problem where N900 doesn't recognize the stock Nokia headphone! That head phone works in my PC, and other headphones are recognized by N900.

They closed the bug!!! So where do we go from here?

Last edited by asasan; 2010-07-02 at 04:14.

Heres the adapter.

http://www.kvconnection.com/product-p/km-354r2m-r3f.htm

If you find one cheaper please repost, I got my headphones for the same price. ugh.

I'm having the same problem. For me it begins whenever I call a Verizon landline phone and goes away when I re-flash the phone. When the problem is present I can still use the headset (WH-205) as headphones by inserting the plug into the N900 very,very slowly (and most often I have to do so a large number of times before it works) but the microphone does not work and telephone calls go through the phone as they would without a headset plugged in (even when the headset is plugged in). This means that in the car I cannot use a wired headset as a handsfree device and that means in my state of Massachusetts it would be illegal to use my N900 while driving (I have lost numerous bluetooth headsets and am tired of paying for them so they're right out).
For safety sake it is a problem which should be fixed.

I'm having the same problem. My N900 can not detect ori headphone, but can detect normal headphone. Any solution?

Tags
lack of quality control